What kind of pumpkin is contained in the pumpkin? Benefit and harm of pumpkin
Pumpkin is an excellent vegetable crop. It is grown in many countries and is popular not only in cooking, but also in medicine. What vitamins are contained in a pumpkin? This can be found in our article. First we will talk about the elements that are in this fruit.
Useful substances and vitamins
What kind of vitamins are rich in pumpkin? In this vegetable is:
- Complex consisting of vitamins A, C, E, K, T, PP.
- Vitamin B group:( B1, B2, B5, B6).
- Easily digestible sugars: glucose, sucrose, fructose.
- A complex of minerals, consisting of calcium, magnesium, phosphorus and zinc.
Pumpkin is the most iron-rich vegetable. This element promotes active blood formation and maintenance of the optimal hemoglobin in the blood. It in turn affects the efficiency and activity of a person. It is known that if an individual has low hemoglobin, then he becomes listless and apathetic.
Vitamins A and E
What's in a pumpkin vitamin contained? First of all it is retinol. It helps with skin diseases, healing of ulcers, burn injury. How to use a pumpkin in this case? It is necessary to make a compress from the pulp of the crushed fetus and apply to problem areas for 1-1.5 hours during the day. During sleep, you can leave it all night.
What kind of pumpkin in the pumpkin when menopause occurs in women reduces the discomfort of the tides( a feeling of chill) and aches in the back( due to lack of blood circulation)?Of course, this is vitamin E and carotene. These elements help the cells of the body not to grow old, to be renewed. These substances prevent the early occurrence of wrinkles, pigment spots.
What's in a pumpkin vitamin is available, rare, but useful? Vegetable is rich in high concentration of T. It is a kind of synthesis of folic acid, vitamin B12 and DNA.Thanks to it, cleavage and removal of harmful cholesterol occurs from the body. This helps to speed up metabolic processes that prevent obesity. Still this vitamin takes part in the process of blood clotting and platelet formation. Simultaneously, pectins contained in the vegetable, remove harmful substances and unhealthy cholesterol from the body, preventing the development of atherosclerosis.
What is the benefit of eating pumpkin and its ingredients?
Let's start with a raw vegetable. Than useful such a pumpkin for the body?
- It stimulates the production of bile, helps to improve intestinal peristalsis, preventing constipation.
- It is useful in the inflammatory process in the bladder and kidneys.
- If you are suffering from insomnia, you should drink a third of a glass of decoction of pumpkin pulp.
- In case of toxicosis, pregnant women are recommended to eat pumpkin as an anti-emetic.
- It was found that the substances in the fetus prevent the growth of the tubercle bacillus. This facilitates the treatment of a formidable disease, reduces the use of chemicals.
- Helps with problems related to skin diseases. Removes itching and redness with eczema, dermatitis.
- Is a good assistant in the fight against obesity. Since it removes toxic substances and excess fluid, it improves metabolic processes.
- Contains potassium and plenty of water. Therefore, it can act as a diuretic. In mild cases it helps with urolithiasis.
- Pumpkin flesh is considered light food, which does not require intensive production of gastric juice. It is prescribed as a diet therapy for people with high acidity of the stomach.
- Pumpkin has an anti-inflammatory effect. Thanks to this, its pulp is added to cosmetic creams, lotions, make masks with it.
Useful properties of pumpkin juice
You can drink juice for preventing ARI, vascular and heart disease, with obesity. You need to drink half a liter of this curative drink every day to achieve a preventive effect. What kind of pumpkin vitamin improves visual acuity? In juice there is a large concentration of vitamin A. It is very useful for the eyes and skin health.
Useful properties of pumpkin seeds
Seeds are rich:
- A complex of minerals, as well as amino acids and proteins. After using seeds after eating, you will help the digestive system.
- Zinc. It helps to improve the skin condition with acne, various rashes.
Pumpkin seeds are a remedy for prostatitis. Daily use of them helps to reduce the risk of problems with the prostate gland in men. Pumpkin seeds are used as an anthelmintic. They contain a substance that is a poison for worms. At the same time, it is harmless to humans. To get rid of parasites, you need to eat 50 grams of seeds for a week before breakfast, washing down with water.
Harm of pumpkins and contraindications for its use
With all the indubitable pluses, under certain conditions this vegetable can do harm. There are a number of contraindications for use:
- Pumpkin is a vegetable with a high glycemic index. Its use can lead to a sudden increase in blood sugar. Thus, with caution, you need to make it in the diet to people who have diabetes. It is better to eat pumpkin in raw form, and not in heat-treated.
- This vegetable has the ability to reduce acidity. In addition, when gastritis is a vegetable is not recommended.
- Diseases of gums and teeth. Pumpkin juice can eat away enamel. Therefore, those people who have it sensitive, should avoid this product. Or they need to rinse their mouth with water after eating it. Addiction to completeness. Who has problems with being overweight, do not overreact to the use of seeds( you can 40-50 pieces per day).
- Pumpkin seeds contain a significant amount of salicylic acid. This can lead to problems with the intestines and stomach.
Ways of using
Despite the great benefits of this vegetable for the female body, it is not recommended to abuse its eating. It is enough to eat vegetables two or three times a week.
What kind of vitamins in the pumpkin after heat treatment are preserved? Practically everything, that is, when baking or cooking, this wonderful vegetable does not lose its useful properties.
Pumpkin, which is baked entirely with the addition of honey, will help cope with constipation and improve digestion. This is the most traditional way of preparing the product. Although now it is more often used as a side dish for meat dishes. Today pumpkin is added to soups, vegetable salads and even desserts.
Those who want to lose weight should drink pumpkin juice and eat a light soup made from pulp. This product is well combined with any other vegetables( zucchini, bell pepper, tomatoes, broccoli cabbage).Therefore, you can cook a huge amount of useful casseroles, stew.
Pumpkin - animal feed
In addition to cultivars, they also grow fodder. Has found its application in agriculture as a mixed fodder pumpkin for livestock. What vitamin is contained in it, we described above. The vegetable is well preserved. And therefore can be used to prepare food for animals in the winter season. Pumpkin and other root crops are ground, mixed and given as a supplement to coarse fodder. Dairy cows can be given a crushed mass of up to 20-50 kilograms per day.