Symptoms of intestinal dysbiosis in women, causes of the disease, treatment
Dysbacteriosis of the intestine - a fairly common pathology, characterized by digestive disorders. It causes a lot of trouble. Symptoms of intestinal dysbiosis in women of many faces: a broken stool, periodic abdominal pain, poor digestion of food and many other symptoms. The disease is associated with a violation of the normal composition of the microflora, in which the organism is "populated" by pathogenic bacteria. What is the cause of such a state? And what methods to fight it?
Causes of pathology
Many microorganisms "live" on the intestinal surface. Basically, these are irreplaceable and very useful bacteria for humans. They help the digestive process, the absorption of calcium, iron, provide the synthesis of amino acids, vitamins, suppress the development of putrefactive, pathogenic microbes. This microflora helps to strengthen immunity, protects against the development of allergies, provides anti-infective, as well as anti-cancer protection.
But if there is an imbalance in the ratio of useful and harmful microorganisms, then the organism develops a dysbacteriosis disease. There are many reasons for causing such a pathology.
Often the symptoms of intestinal dysbiosis in women, as well as in men, are provoked by the following sources:
- Digestive tract ailments. Often these are chronic inflammatory pathologies that occur in the gastrointestinal tract: gastritis, noninfectious enteritis, duodenitis, pancreatitis, various hepatitis, dyskinesias, hepatoses.
- Parasites of the intestine and liver. Provoke unpleasant symptoms are capable of: opisthorchia, lamblia, ascarids, pinworms.
- Intestinal infections. Specific pathogens( shigella, salmonella, harmful colibacillus) seriously disrupt the normal microflora.
- Frequent SARS.
- Chemotherapy and radiation therapy.
- Immunodeficiency states( oncology, cirrhosis, diabetes, AIDS, and others).
- Prolonged treatment with hormones, NSAIDs.
The main factors in the development of dysbiosis in women
Other pathologies may be at the heart of the pathology. They are typical for the fair sex.
Doctors say that most often the symptoms of intestinal dysbiosis in women are provoked by the following factors:
- A variety of diets. Many women often resort to a variety of diets. And very often their choice stops on hard diets, in which the set of products is strictly limited. This has a very negative effect on the intestinal microflora. As a result, may develop dysbiosis, and sometimes severe ailments of the digestive tract.
- Excessive body cleansing. We are talking about a variety of ways to clean the intestines: repeated enemas, the use of sorbents or laxatives, hydrocolonotherapy. This process really helps to eliminate intestinal toxins. But, unfortunately, together with them the normal microflora is also lost. If a significant part of the beneficial bacteria is washed out of the body, dysbacteriosis begins to develop in the intestine.
- Reception of antibiotics. Many women consider such drugs a panacea for any ailments. These young ladies at the first symptoms of malaise use antibacterial drugs. And to finally "finish off" the infection, they take this medicine long enough. But, unfortunately, the "intestinal microflora" is "killed".
Characteristic symptoms of
It is believed that the initial stages of pathology can not be manifested by any clinical signs. Unpleasant phenomena occur when the pathology is already progressing.
Doctors strongly recommend paying attention to the following symptoms of intestinal dysbiosis in women:
- The broken stool. There is diarrhea, provoked by increased formation of bile acids and increased intestinal peristalsis. These processes inhibit the absorption of water in the body. Somewhat later, stools acquire a putrid odor. They may contain mucus or blood. In some cases( more common in elderly people), constipation develops instead of diarrhea.
- Bloating. As a result of disturbed absorption and withdrawal of gases, their accumulation occurs in the large intestine. A woman feels unpleasant discomfort in the peritoneal cavity, which can be accompanied by a rumbling.
- Cramping pain. In the intestine, the pressure increases. As a result, the patient experiences periodic discomfort. Its intensity is significantly reduced after the departure of the stool or gases. The pain can be localized in the navel area if the small intestine suffers, or on the right, in the lower abdomen, if the pathology has swept the large intestine.
- Dyspeptic disorders. They characterize the disturbance of digestion. These are symptoms such as decreased appetite, the appearance of eructations, excruciating nausea, vomiting.
- Allergic manifestations. Disturbance of microflora leads to malfunctions in many systems. As a result of a weakened anti-allergic effect, the patient may develop a rash, itching, after taking products that did not cause such reactions before.
- Signs of intoxication. As the metabolic products accumulate in the body, the patient can have fever( up to 38 degrees), general fatigue, headache, sleep disturbance.
- Symptomatic, indicating a deficiency of vitamins. Of course, with dysbacteriosis, the body does not receive the necessary nutrition. Such a situation can be evidenced by: dry, pale skin, the appearance of stomatitis, the formation of jaits near the mouth, the change of nails, hair.
Possible complications of
It is important to give timely meaning to the appearance of unpleasant symptoms and consult a doctor for appropriate treatment. Otherwise, chronic dysbiosis can develop.
This condition is extremely dangerous due to its possible consequences:
- Deficiency of microelements and vitamins. As a result of permanently disturbed digestion and the absorption process in the intestine, iron deficiency anemia, hypovitaminosis, may develop.
- Chronic enterocolitis. Long-term exposure to pathogenic flora leads to inflammation of the intestine.
- Peritonitis. The aggressive influence of harmful bacteria causes destruction of the intestine. As a result, the contents can enter the abdominal cavity.
- Sepsis. Infection is dictated by the entry of pathogenic flora into the blood.
- Pancreatitis, gastroduodenitis.
- The emergence of other ailments. Immunity decreases. As a result, a variety of diseases can appear.
- Weight reduction. Disturbance of digestion leads to a lack of useful substances in the body.
Diagnosis of the disease
In order to select an adequate treatment for intestinal dysbiosis in adults, it is necessary to consult a doctor.
Initially, the diagnosis will be carried out. It consists of the following activities:
- Assessment of patient complaints.
- Visual examination involving palpation of the abdomen. It allows you to determine in which area the problem is localized.
- Microbiological analysis of feces. For an accurate diagnosis of the patient, 3 days prior to the study, they are transferred to a special diet. Such food excludes food, which can enhance fermentation in the intestine. This is lactic acid food, alcohol. It is unacceptable at this time to use antibacterial drugs. To reliably make a diagnosis, doctors recommend conducting such an analysis 2-3 times, after 1-2 days.
Methods of treating the disease
Dysbacteriosis is very often associated with various pathologies: irritable bowel syndrome, motor motility change, psychoemotional malfunctions. Therefore, to fight the disease can only be complex methods.
Treatment of intestinal dysbiosis in adults depends on the ailment that provoked it, as well as on clinical symptoms.
In most cases, the patient is recommended the following activities:
- compliance with the diet;
- disposal of excess development of harmful microflora;
- colonization of the intestine by beneficial microorganisms;
- increased immunity, in order to create a natural flora.
And remember: whichever effective remedy for dysbacteriosis you do not use( probiotics, dietary supplements, kefir), self-medication rarely leads to complete recovery.
Treatment consists of the following drugs:
- Prebiotics. Provide growth and reproduction of useful microbes. These are such drugs: "Dufalac", "Hilak-forte."
- Probiotics. Medicines contain live bacteria. Such means are: "Lifpak probiotics", "Bifidumbacterin", "Flonivin", "Enterol", "Bactisubtil", "Bifikol", "Lineks", "Biosorb-Bifidum", "Bifidumbacterin forte".
- Symbiotics. These are medicines that combine a prebiotic and a probiotic. They simultaneously stimulate the development of normal flora and restore an insufficient number of necessary microbes. These include medicines: Bifidobak, Maltodofilus.
- Antibiotics. Such tablets from a dysbacteriosis are used at last stages of an illness. Their goal is to destroy the pathogenic flora. Most often appointed: "Doxycycline", "Cefuroxime", "Ceftriaxone", "Ampiox," "Metronidazole."
- Antifungal agents. They are recommended if yeast-like fungi are found in the feces. Often prescribe the drug "Levorin".
- Enzymes. These pills from dysbacteriosis help to normalize the digestive process. You can be recommended drugs: Mezim, Creon, Pancreatin.
- Sorbents. At the expressed symptoms of intoxication necessarily appoint this remedy against a dysbacteriosis. Drugs are recommended: Enterosgel, Polyphepan, Activated Carbon, Smecta, Entereroz.
- Multivitamins. With dysbiosis, Duovit is useful.
Patients are recommended to follow the diet number 4. Depending on the patient's condition, various modifications of this table are assigned. Food contributes to the normalization of bowel function, reduces the activity of putrefactive processes.
For patients recommended:
- use food containing dietary fiber;
- give preference to live bacterial cultures( yogurt, kefir);
- monitor diet;
- to exclude unproductive food: fatty, spicy foods, marinades, smoked products.
Folk treatment of
There are many excellent methods that can combat such pathologies as dysbiosis. People's treatment will be beneficial if it is fully agreed with the doctor.
To excellent folk remedies are:
- rice decoction;
- tincture from oak bark;
- fresh garlic( it is recommended to use it before taking food, for 1 hour).
However, do not forget that the only way to recommend a dysbacteriosis remedy is to use a doctor, based on the peculiarities of the pathology that is taking place in your body.