Nit: what is it, how it looks, how to get it out. Remedy for nits
Pediculosis is an unpleasant and insidious disease, it is rather problematic to cope with it. But some features of parasites, their vital functions will help everyone get rid of them without any problems.
About the nits
Nit - what is it? This question is asked by all those who are confronted with the disease. Nits are lice eggs that resemble small cocoons, fixed with the help of a sticky composition on the hair. Most often they accumulate in the root zone of the hair, causing a lot of discomfort to a person.
How can you understand that before you nits? What should happen to cause anxiety in a person? Detecting lice eggs on the hair is quite difficult. The fact is that both larvae and adults are miniature, outwardly resembling grains of grain. These are whitish formations, which can only be noticed on dark hair, and this is not always the case.
How to detect
Because of the tiny size, it is difficult to detect nits in your hair. Control measures must first of all be aimed at eliminating the root cause, so carefully examine the scalp: the adults most often live here. These are small, even microscopic, diamond-shaped bodies of elongated shape, the color of which varies from light gray to burgundy shade.
But the nits in the hair need to look closer to the roots. They are located on the hair shaft only 2-3 cm from the scalp, often merge with a shade of natural pigment, due to which they become practically invisible. In order to ease the task, use a little trick: wet your hair and do a thorough examination.
If we talk about symptoms, then they simply do not exist. This is the complexity of the course of the disease. In themselves, louse eggs do not cause any discomfort to a person. Remaining unnoticed for an impressive period of time, they become dangerous, getting rid of them becomes more difficult. In no case should you allow the emergence of adults from them, which will spread with great speed, bite, causing itching, burning and other unpleasant symptoms.
Quite often there are nits in a child. Indeed, numerous laboratory and medical studies have shown that children are at risk. Games with sand, active outdoor activities, summer swimming in the local river - all this can lead to not the most pleasant consequences. Quite often children "bring" lice from kindergarten. Of course, adults are not insured against this disease either. Be that as it may, it is necessary to immediately begin fighting them when the first symptoms are found. It is important to understand that you will have to face some peculiarities. First of all, nits are negligible, and, of course, they spread with great speed.
Nit( what is it, we already found out) can be destroyed mechanically. It is required to carry out special measures aimed at combating the appearance and further distribution of these parasites. To withdraw nits from a child or an adult at the initial stage is possible without using special means. The methods of mechanical action are sufficiently effective, therefore we will consider them first.
The most radical method is shaving - it is resorted to only in exceptional cases. This method demonstrates maximum effectiveness, because eggs of lice once and for all will leave your head. But not everyone wants to lose their hair. This method will be appreciated by men, but it certainly does not like women, no matter how effective.
Combing is a less radical alternative. In the pharmacy, you should purchase a comb from nits: it is distinguished by often quite long teeth relative to each other. They deftly grasp the hairs, comb them well, relieving the parasites from settling. In order to improve the efficiency of combing, it is important to follow some tips and recommendations:
- , before using the comb, it is better to moisten the hair a little;
- before the procedure well comb the strands, divide them into several parts;
- be reserved for patience and free time - it is better to carry out the procedure before going to bed;
- observe the regularity of the procedure - twice a day for 10-14 days.
Use of medications
In a modern pharmacy, finding a remedy for nits is quite easy, but not all of the presented options demonstrate the necessary effectiveness. Most often on the shelves of pharmacies you can find drugs, the active component of which are insecticides - they are really effective in dealing with adults, that is lice, but in the case of larvae, one should not expect such a result. Nevertheless, as an additional measure that will help to get rid of parasites as soon as possible, you can use external means: shampoos, sprays and serums. Pay attention to lotions for the treatment of scalp and hair. The most popular of them are:
- "Permethrin" - a drug from nits helps to solve the problem after several processing procedures.
- "MediFox" - due to the content of castor oil and alcohol, it helps to solve the problem of dryness of the scalp and hair loss in parallel.
Ointment - not the most convenient to use a nitrate, because it is necessary to apply a thick layer of the drug on the scalp. The most effective for today are:
- "Benzyl benzoate" - is contraindicated in pregnant women and children under 6 years of age.
Traditional medicine can do wonders. Our grandmothers escaped from parasites exclusively by folk remedies, which brought a good result. Here are some of them:
- Use of essential oil of tea tree - on 200 ml of usual shampoo it is necessary to add 25-30 drops of oil. With a strong infection, you can strengthen the effect by adding another 50 ml of alcohol diluted in water in an equal proportional ratio. The finished solution is treated with scalp, the hair is tied with a handkerchief, wrapped with a towel and left overnight.
- Compress from kerosene - perhaps the most popular tool. With its use should be extremely careful - an overdose can cause dryness of the scalp, the appearance of irritation.
- Compress from cranberry or lemon juice perfectly copes with the nits, softening them, fights with adults.
It's hard to guarantee that after successfully getting rid of lice and their larvae you will forget about the problem once and for all. But adherence to the simplest recommendations will help avoid infection:
- adherence to basic hygiene rules;
- regular washing of hair and scalp( at least once a week);
- regular change of bed linen;
- use of clean towels;
- daily combing of hair, moisturizing scalp;
- use of an individual comb;
- regular examination of hair and scalp.
We hope that now you will not have the question "What is nit?".