Male fern( male shield): description, properties, application in folk medicine
The fern of a man is considered a perennial medicinal plant. It has short thickened rhizomes with thin brown roots. The plant can be found in the forests. Usually it occupies a large territory. Fern in the forest prefers to grow in damp shaded areas. It grows in the form of continuous thickets. There is widespread use of fern in folk medicine.
This plant has always been considered sacred. Infusions and broths of rhizomes bring particular benefits. In ancient times fern helped to fight various diseases. Signs indicated that his flowering can be seen once a year on the feast of Ivan Kupala.
Fern is a perennial herbaceous plant of the family Shchitovnikovye. It has a horizontal rhizome, covered with brown and soft scales. On the top are the leaves.
The boarder reproduces with the help of a dispute. They are on the back of the sheet. But disputes can not be seen with an armed eye, they can be discerned only under a microscope. They begin to mature in the middle of summer. The leaves live one season, and by the autumn they fade.
Habitat of the plant
Male fern grows in spruce and oak forests, in places rich in humus. It can be found in mountain beech forests in the Caucasus, in the spruce taiga of Siberia and cedar forests in the Far East.
The plant spread throughout the CIS countries. It occupied huge areas in Ukraine, in the Moscow and Tver regions. You can also meet ferns in the garden.
How does the fern work?
Male fern is not used in medicine entirely - only its rhizome is needed. In its fresh form it has an unpleasant smell and a bitter aftertaste. Cutting the rhizome, you can see that it is a yellowish-green color. Although it is poisonous, it has healing properties.
The preparation of the rhizome is carried out in the middle of autumn or early spring. You can find ferns in the garden. They need to be digged, cut off the young roots, cleaned of the earth and, if necessary, rid of the decayed lower part. Then the rhizome must be cut lengthwise and across. It should be dried at a temperature of 40 degrees. You can store such raw materials for a year. Since it is poisonous, it must be stored in glass jars with a tightly closed lid.
Fern forest in some cases used in fresh form. But then for medicinal purposes, the leaves of the plant will be needed. They are collected in summer and dried in the fresh air. Then the raw material is used for the preparation of medicinal infusions.
Biologically active components of
The fern of the forest has many biologically active components.
- The root of the plant contains phylixin and flavaspidinic acid.
- Also included in the composition are floroglucin, filmarron, albaspidine and aspidinol.
- Rhizome contains essential oil and starch.
The main active substances are fern acid and filmron. They are classified as a class of muscle poisons.
Pharmacological properties of the plant
It is known that anthelmintic action - this is what ferns have in the first place. Useful properties and contraindications - a very important point, which must be read before using the plant.
Preparations made from rhizomes of the fern have a number of properties:
- they are able to fight worms;
- may be anesthetized;
- is cleaned;
- is healed.
In medicine, drugs from rhizomes of plants are used to remove tapeworms. They are also necessary when detecting bovine, pork or dwarf chainworm, tapeworm and other types of tapeworms in the body.
The product can be sold as an ether extract or tablets. Take medication is necessary only under the supervision of doctors. Extracts from the fern will be needed for rheumatism, convulsions and hemorrhoids. They are also used for varicose and ovarian inflammation in women. Male fern can be used externally. Its properties help to treat skin diseases.
Application of male fern in folk medicine
Everyone knows that the scabbard is a poisonous plant. But people have learned to use it for noble purposes. In folk medicine preparations from its rhizomes are used inside with pain in the digestive tract. Male fern is used parenterally also for mental and nervous disorders, diarrhea, eczema.
Therapeutic tincture can be used as an anesthetic for neuralgia, arthritis and rheumatism. You can also use a bath with a decoction from the rhizomes of the plant. They are used for varicose dermatitis, ulcer of the lower leg and inflammation of the nerve.
In addition, male fern can heal purulent wounds and ulcers. To do this, it is enough to prepare a decoction from its rhizome. Then they need to wash the problem areas. Also, the herbal remedy is used as compresses.
But in any case, we must not forget that the fern is a poisonous plant, so it is necessary to monitor the dosage of medicines based on the scabbard. Basically, such funds are taken externally.
Medicinal preparations and their doses
Broth of rhizome rhizomes prepared from 10 g of dry raw material and a glass of water. Ingredients should be combined and cooked until the liquid is reduced to half. Then the broth should be filtered.
The preparation is taken from tape parasites in the following way:
- for children from 2 to 6 years old, take the drug 8 drops at a time;
- children from 6 to 10 years should take the drug 10 drops once;
- from 10 to 16 years - 12 drops;
- adults - 15 drops.
Decoction can be taken with other diseases, but in this case it will be necessary to mix it with vodka in the calculation of 1: 1.The finished product must be stored in the refrigerator.
Decoction for external use is prepared from 200 grams of rhizomes and 2 liters of water. This tool should be cooked on low heat for about 2 hours. Then the broth should be filtered.
Side effects of
As side effects, degenerative changes in the liver can occur. In addition, the following disorders are observed:
- Sometimes there is nausea and vomiting.
- The use of drugs leads to diarrhea.
- Dizziness and headaches may occur.
- In some cases, the heart is weakened.
Contraindications of the drug on the basis of
scab Not all categories of patients can take this drug:
- Ferns-based preparations can not be taken for children under 2 years.
- It is also contraindicated for heart failure, liver and kidney disease.
- It is better not to take this medication to pregnant women.
- The drug is contraindicated in stomach ulcers and diseases of the 12-colon.
- The agent is not prescribed for anemia and tuberculosis.
Folk recipes based on
- Shield When inflammation of the ovaries it is necessary to purchase a dry or fresh leaf of the fern. You need to take a glass of boiling water and a large spoon with chopped leaves. Warm up the product in a water bath for about 15 minutes. Then the medicine should be infused for 40 minutes. After which the broth must be filtered. Take it must be 50 ml 3 times a day before meals. The course of admission can be conducted up to 3 weeks.
- With varicose, the preparation is made from the fresh root of the plant. It must be crushed to the state of gruel. The resulting mass must be combined with sour milk in the calculation of 1: 1.Compress from the finished product should be applied thickly on the problem area and wrapped with gauze for 5 hours.
- With oncology, it is possible to prepare a remedy from a fresh root. To do this, it must be washed and chopped. The resulting gruel should be placed in a glass jar. Then there should pour in the natural cognac and close the lid with the lid as tightly as possible. It should be infused for about 3 weeks, but every three days, the fluid must be shaken. Take this drug should be 15 ml 3 times a day between meals.
Fern is considered a poisonous plant, but healing. It is used to get rid of many different diseases. In addition to the usual decoctions and infusions, very popular baths based on shcherovnika. It is necessary to take with caution the agent from the fern, since it has a number of contraindications and side effects. That is why it is very important to take the dose into account and in no case exceed it.