The main types of fever
All processes occurring in the body are interrelated. This also applies to pathological conditions. Such reactions as a rise in temperature, redness and swelling of the skin, pain, are not accidental. All of them have a protective mechanism and help to cope with the infection. In addition, the nature of these reactions can make a difference in the diagnosis of diseases, and also determines the tactics of treatment. For example, some types of fever occur only for certain pathologies. In this case, the doctor connects the fever and other symptoms, then sets the diagnosis. This helps to choose the treatment necessary for the detected disease.
Types of fever: designation on the chart
Fever is a pathological condition in which the balance between production and heat output is disturbed. In most cases, it is one of the components of the inflammatory process. When observing and treating patients with fever, a temperature plot is made. It consists of three parts. The first is a rise in body temperature. At the same time, the line on the chart rushes upwards. The curve reflects the temperature dependence on time. Lifting the line occurs quickly( in a few minutes) or long - for hours.
The next component of fever is the standing of body temperature within a certain value. The graph is indicated by a horizontal line. The last element of fever is a decrease in temperature. As well as lifting, it can occur quickly( within minutes) and slowly( after a day).Denoted by the line descending downwards. All types of fever have different graphic images. On them it is possible to judge the time for which the temperature rose and fell, to track how much it held.
Fever: types, types of charts
There are 7 types of fever, each of which occurs in certain diseases. Depending on this, a temperature curve is constructed. It implies a graphic display of the fever. The classification is based on temperature fluctuations and time of its increase:
- Fever of a constant type. It is characterized by the duration of the current( several days).Temperature fluctuations throughout the day are quite insignificant( up to 1 degree) or absent altogether.
- Fever-type fever. It is distinguished by a more gentle flow, is susceptible to the action of antipyretic drugs. Temperature fluctuations exceed 1 degree, but do not reach the normal value.
- Intermittent fever. Characterized by large temperature fluctuations. At the same time in the morning hours, it falls to normal and lower. In the evening, the temperature reaches high figures.
- Fever of a hectic type( debilitating).Daily fluctuations are from 3 to 4 degrees. It is hard for the patient to suffer.
- Return type of fever. Characterized by episodes of normal body temperature, which can last several days.
- Atypical fever. Daily fluctuations are fickle and chaotic.
- Fever of a perverted type. The temperature rises in the morning and normalizes in the evening.
What are the types of fever?
Depending on the degree of temperature rise, several types of fever are distinguished. Also the classification is based on the duration of this state. The following fevers are distinguished:
- Subfebrile. The characteristic temperature is 37.0-37.9 degrees. It is observed in many infectious and viral diseases in mild severity. In some cases has a chronic course( with systemic pathologies, oncology).
- Febrile( moderate) fever. The body temperature is 38.0-39.5 degrees. It is observed in any infections in the stage of swelling.
- High fever. The body temperature reaches 39.6-40.9 degrees. It occurs less frequently than other species. It is more common in children and people with weak immunity.
- Hyperpyretic fever. The temperature is 41.0 degrees or more. It is observed with purulent meningitis and tetanus infection.
Relationship of the disease with fever type
Certain types of fever can be associated with specific diseases. For example, for most nonspecific inflammatory processes of the upper respiratory tract( angina, acute respiratory infections) is characterized by a laxative temperature. Constant fever occurs with typhus and lobar pneumonia. Intermittent type of temperature increase is observed in patients with tuberculosis, oncological processes, systemic pathologies( SLE, rheumatoid arthritis).Recurrent fever is common in malaria, typhoid, and lymphogranulomatosis. Despite the fact that changes in the temperature curve are not always specific, it helps to predict which disease the patient has.
Sepsis: diagnostics for fever
Sepsis is a systemic disease characterized by the ingress of bacteria into the bloodstream. It can lead to any inflammation in the presence of a foci of infection and reduced immunity. To answer the question of what type of fever is characteristic for sepsis, definitely not. It is known that this disease is characterized by a high temperature, which is not easy to knock down. Most often with sepsis, there is a debilitating and atypical type of fever.