Toothpaste, without it we do not represent our daily life, from it we begin and we end our day with it. Therefore, its choice should be approached consciously, because not for nothing manufacturers offer a large selection of these products. To understand what pastes are, you should carefully study the components that are included in each of them. Ideally, a toothpaste suitable for you, should pick up a dentist. The information presented in this article will help you not to get lost in choosing this hygiene product from the huge range presented in the store.
What are pastes? The main groups:
- Hygienic - fit healthy people who do not have any problems with their teeth. They clean and refresh the oral cavity, but do not contribute to the prevention of caries or other diseases. But in the application of such a paste there is also a positive moment - it does not irritate the mucous membrane.
- Therapeutic - contain certain medications, are sold only in pharmacies and are used as prescribed by the doctor for a short period of time.
- Treatment and prevention - contain various special additives that protect teeth and gums.
What are the pastes of therapeutic and prophylactic purposes? Depending on the additives, they are in turn subdivided into the following types:
- Anti-caries - contain fluorine, calcium or phosphorus microelements and thus prevent the development of caries. Fluoride-containing can saturate the tooth enamel with fluoride and calcium ions, which contributes to its mineralization. At the same time, the abuse of pastes with fluoride can provoke fluorosis. Hygiene products that contain calcium glycerophosphate are a good alternative to such pastes. Glycerophosphate, penetrating the tooth enamel, quickly restores its crystal lattice.
- Salt - contain mineral salts, which, improving blood circulation and metabolism in the gums, help to fight with periodontal disease, but at the same time do not protect against caries.
- Anti-inflammatory - they contain plant components, such as chamomile or sage. These pastes improve metabolism in tissues, reduce bleeding gums, promote wound healing and freshen breath.
- Pastes that reduce tooth sensitivity - this is facilitated by a special film that forms on the surface of the teeth during cleaning.
- Bleaching - contain substances that help clarify tooth enamel. Which tooth whitens teeth? The first type of whitening paste contains abrasive substances that lighten the enamel due to the mechanical action of solids during tooth cleaning. The second kind is paste, which bleaches the enamel due to the enzymes contained in it. In comparison with abrasive it acts more gently.
What are pastes of consistency? They are available in either a creamy consistency or in the form of a gel. Gel-like are modern means of hygiene, which do not contain any abrasive particles, and plaque simply dissolves. They are well foamed, so they are consumed more sparingly.
When we talk about what toothpastes are, you can not help remembering children's ones, they contain additives( fluoride, flavorings, dyes) in a minimal amount, as many children swallow a certain amount of toothpaste during brushing.
To keep your teeth healthy, visit the dentist regularly and brush your teeth in the morning and evening with just the right paste.