Bursitis of the hip joint: symptoms, causes and treatment of folk remedies
Problems with joints sooner or later seriously complicate our lives. Inflammatory processes not only cause severe pain, but also can partially or completely immobilize a person. Bursitis of the hip joint( the symptoms of this pathology appear gradually) is one of the most frequently diagnosed diseases.
What is pathology?
Presented ailment is an orthopedic problem, which is characterized by the appearance of an inflammatory process in the periarticular bag. Most often, this disease develops in women after 50 years.
In young people bursitis of the hip joint( symptoms we'll look at later) is rarely seen. Exceptions are athletes and people engaged in hard work. At the first signs of pathology, it is necessary to urgently consult an orthopedist. If the problem is acute, you should call an ambulance. Before this, try to limit your movements, and eliminate pain with medication( "No-shpa").
Disease Bursitis of the hip joint( the symptoms of the pathology may in some cases appear very abruptly) may develop under the influence of such factors:
• Advanced age of the patient.
• Dehydration and severe allergic reactions.
• Immune, as well as hormonal failure.
• Tuberculosis of bones.
• Sedentary lifestyle.
• Excessive load on the skeleton and very heavy physical labor.
• Pregnancy and childbirth.
• Salt deposits in the joint area.
• Surgery or injury.
• Osteochondrosis, arthritis, arthrosis.
• Viral infections.
• Unequal limbs.
• Inflammation of the sciatic bag.
As you can see, bursitis of the hip joint( the symptoms need to be correctly recognized) can arise due to misconduct, inability to organize their working mode, banal neglect of their own health.
Symptoms of the disease
Pathology usually has these manifestations:
1. Acute pain, which can be worse during walking.
2. Significant limitations in the movement, and sometimes the loss of the ability to walk normally.
3. Sleep disturbance.
4. Redness of the skin in the affected area.
5. If the inflammation is accompanied by an infectious process, the patient may get fever.
6. Swelling of the tissues and their swelling.
7. Vegeto-vascular disorders in the foot, which is located on the side of the affected joint.
Species of pathology
So, if you develop bursitis of the hip joint( symptoms), treatment should begin immediately. It is necessary to describe to the doctor as much as possible all the manifestations. There are several types of this disease:
• iliac crest. The focus of the inflammatory process in this case is located around the same muscle.
• Sciatic. The pathological process develops near the sciatic muscle.
• Vertical bursitis of the hip joint. Symptoms of the disease in this case can be seen in the area of the trochanter bone. Most often, this type of pathology occurs in professional athletes.
The problem can also be classified by the liquid produced by harmful microorganisms:
• Aseptic. The cavity of the joint bag is not infected.
• Calcareous. In this case, excessive calcium deposition is observed.
• Septic. It is characterized by the presence of harmful microorganisms that are capable of producing toxic substances.
• Hemorrhagic. It involves the accumulation of exudate, in the composition of which there is blood.
Diagnosis of the disease
If you have decided that you have bursitis of the hip( symptoms, the reasons for its development, we have already considered), you must always contact an orthopedist who will appoint additional studies. Diagnosis of bursitis includes such actions:
1. External examination of the affected area. The doctor will probe the affected joint to pinpoint the localization of the inflammatory process. And another specialist will check the degree of hip withdrawal. This movement is problematic in the presence of pathology.
2. Radiography. Although this method is not always used due to its low information content.
3. MRT.This study will help to exclude the development of other pathologies. In addition, tomography will provide an opportunity to identify and determine the size of osteophytes in the joint bag.
If treatment of the hip bursitis of the hip joint does not start on time, the disease can be fraught with such consequences:
• Transition of pathology into a chronic form. And this provides for periodic recurrence of inflammation.
• Dying of bursal tissues. This, in turn, will lead to restriction of movements.
• Infection of the blood.
• Fistula formation.
• Development of osteomyelitis, that is, inflammation of bone tissue.
Features of traditional treatment
Bursitis of the hip joint, the main symptoms of the disease you are aware of, you must immediately treat. Timely therapy will help prevent surgeons from interfering. So, the traditional therapy provides for carrying out such actions:
1. Ensuring a state of rest. That is, you must significantly reduce the physical load on the affected joint. You can use a crutch for this. Treatment in the early stages does not require placing the patient in a hospital hospital.
2. Use of painkillers and anti-inflammatory drugs. You can use both tablets and ointments: analgesics, "Voltaren", "Diclofenac."If the situation is serious and standard painkillers do not help, then you will have to use more serious substances that are injected into the joint bag by injection.
3. Pumping out the exudate.
4. Physiotherapy procedures after elimination of inflammation. It usually uses electrophoresis, massage, ultrasonic irradiation, heating.
Naturally, during the treatment period, one should not forget about muscle tone. To maintain it, the patient is prescribed exercise therapy. Exercises in this case are carried out carefully and unhurriedly.
In difficult cases or with poor efficacy of conservative treatment, an operation can be prescribed to the patient. This is done very rarely. Surgical intervention involves the removal of the synovial articular bag. In this case, the mobility is almost completely preserved.
Arthroscopy is considered the most common method of surgery. In this case, a small incision is made in the thigh area, the width of which is about 1 cm. An arthroscope is inserted through it into the joint cavity.
The presented equipment allows to quickly eliminate the synovial bag. The operation is minimally traumatic. This allows the patient to recover quickly. In addition, after such an intervention, you can get up and move on the day of surgery, which is what rehabilitation requires.
Folk treatment of the disease
If you have found bursitis of the hip joint, symptoms, treatment with folk remedies - this is the information that will interest you in the first place. It is desirable to note that therapy with herbal decoctions gives a very good effect. You can help such recipes:
1. Hot pine bath. To prepare the extract you need needles, twigs and cones. Preliminary raw materials should be soaked in cold water and put on fire. After the boiling of the liquid begins, the cooking process continues for another 30 minutes. Then the solution is poured into the jar and tightly closed with a lid. The means lasts 12 hours, after which it can be added to a bath with hot water. You need about 1/4 kg of extract. The duration of the bath is about 20 minutes.
2. Grapefruit juice is useful. It should be consumed daily for half a glass of 3 r / d.
3. Compresses from a mixture of honey( 2 parts), vodka( 3 parts) and aloe juice( 1 part) are considered useful. Raw materials should be mixed well, put on a clean gauze and fixed on the affected area. Such a compress warms up well.
4. Take a large spoonful of celery seeds and steal them with a glass of hot water. Infuse the mixture for 1.5 hours. Then the liquid is filtered and taken half a cup twice a day. Must drink at least 2 weeks.
5. A good result is a mixture of propolis( 15 g) and butter( 100 g).Ingredients should be carefully grinded and take 1 tsp.one hour before a meal for a week.
6. Take honey inside, mixed with apple cider vinegar. To prepare the preparation, use 1 tsp.raw, pre-dissolving it in a glass of warm water. Drink the mixture for about a week for 1-2 glasses.
7. A battered cabbage leaf, which is applied to the affected joint, can also help, and is tied with a warm kerchief.
Naturally, it is better to prevent pathology than to treat it. To avoid the development of bursitis, try to implement the following recommendations:
• Make the hip joint load minimal.
• Give up bad habits.
• Organize a full and proper diet, which will provide an opportunity to provide your body with the required "building" elements.
• Try to buy only comfortable shoes, if necessary - orthopedic.
• Do physical exercises that help maintain a constant muscle tone.
• Avoid excessive weight gain.
• Strengthen the defenses of the body.
• Lead an active life, but do not overload the joints.
That's all. Now you have complete information on the topic "Bursitis of the hip: symptoms, treatment and prevention."Be healthy!