Flax seed: calorie, medicinal properties and contraindications
What is the seed of flax? The caloric content of the product, its properties, benefits and contraindications will be examined in the materials of this article.
Lin is one of the oldest cultures. It began to actively grow our ancestors during the birth of a new craft at that time - weaving. In the development of medicine, the plant has become even more important due to its medicinal properties. A flax seed, caloric content of which is small, is referred to as pharmacopoeial agents. Modern medicine very often uses this product to treat various groups of diseases. The same goes for traditional medicine.
Flax seed: caloric content of the product
There are probably no such people who doubt the use of flax seeds. According to experts, it is a concentrate of proteins, minerals, vitamins and such biologically active substances as polyunsaturated fatty acids, lignans and fiber. It is to these components that the product in question owes its healing properties.
Can I get fat using flax seed? The calorie content of this product is so low that you will have to eat a lot to gain weight. In one large spoon of this herbal ingredient contains only 37 energy units. Also flax seeds include 1 gram of protein, 2 - carbohydrates, 3 - fat.
What does a flax seed contain? The composition of this product is known to a few. Seeds of this plant contain about 30-48% of fatty drying oil, proteins, organic acids, carbohydrates, up to 12% mucus, sterols and linocinamarin.
What other components does the flax seed include? The composition of the product is as follows: glycerides of linolenic, stearic, palmitic and oleic acids. As for the shells of seeds, they found a methyl ether of P-hydroxy-p-methylglutaric acid and glucoside linamarin. It should also be noted that flax is the record holder for the volume of omega-3 fats. And they are very useful. At the same time, the content of omega-6 fats in the seed is not very high.
Flax seed: medicinal properties and contraindications
Due to its unique composition, the product in question is very often used for therapeutic purposes. So under what diseases is the use of flax seeds indicated? Here is their list:
- Cancer. Researches of scientists have confirmed, that the mentioned product is capable to protect from oncology the mammary and prostate gland, and also the large intestine. How does this happen? Omega-3 fatty acids slow down the development of tumors and formations, as well as various inflammatory processes. According to experts, such seeds affect only those formations that are sensitive to hormones. The same drug has "Tamoxifen".By the way, it is often used for chemotherapy in breast cancer. Lignans of flax seeds block the enzymes involved in hormonal metabolism, and also inhibit the proliferation and growth of cancer cells.
- Diseases of blood vessels and heart. What are the treatment of flax seeds yet? Thanks to the content of omega-3 fatty acids, such a product normalizes the pressure, reduces the deposition of cholesterol in the vessels and restores the elasticity of the arteries. In addition, this component supports the natural rhythm of the heart, as well as well manifests itself in the treatment of heart failure and arrhythmias.
- Diabetes. How and what is flax seed treated? Daily use of this product improves the level of sugar in the blood in people with type 2 diabetes. Fiber, contained in the seed, prevents the intensive absorption of glucose in the small intestine, thereby protecting the patient from sudden changes in blood. Thus, sugar from food enters the systemic circulation evenly and slowly.
- Inflammatory processes. Flaxseed components such as lignans and omega-3 fatty acids are able to block and inhibit the inflammatory processes that accompany many diseases, including asthma and Parkinson's disease.
In addition, the flax seed, the medicinal properties and contraindications of which are presented in this article, contains docosahexaenoic acid. It is extremely necessary for the body to reduce the manifestations of depression, the normal operation of brain cells, reduce anxiety, insomnia and the risk of Alzheimer's disease. With regard to contraindications, then the product in question there are practically none. About that, when it is not necessary to use flax seeds, we will tell below.
Harm to the plant product
There are many warnings about the use of flax seeds. For example, this product is prohibited for use in lactation, inflammation of the prostate, pregnancy, and fibro-cystic lesions in women. However, official sources do not give any indication on this score. Therefore, many people consider them an invention. This is partly true. But it should be noted that the treatment with flaxseed preparations should be carried out only after consultation with the doctor. To the only confirmed contraindication of this product is acute diarrhea. This is due to the fact that flax seeds have a strong laxative effect.
Tips for using
Use this product carefully. This is due to the fact that it contains cyanogenic glycosides, which can cause serious damage to health during heat treatment or overdose. Therefore, use such seeds is recommended according to the following instructions.
Initiate therapy with fruits of flax need from a minimum dosage. On the first day of treatment, the portion of the product should not exceed 1 dessert spoon. On the second day, the volume can be increased to two spoons, on the third - up to 1 large spoon, and on the fourth - to 20 g. When you consume flax seeds, you must carefully monitor your body. If even small problems with digestion begin, and the general condition of the patient worsens, then it is better to refuse further reception of the product. Remember the basic tips for using the product:
- The optimal dosage of this remedy is 2 large spoons a day, and the maximum is 3.
- Culinary treatment of flax seeds is unacceptable. Their content in buns, muffins and bread can be very harmful.
- In view of the fact that flaxseed contains a lot of fiber, introducing it into your diet, you must necessarily increase the amount of fluid consumed.
- All products made on the basis of the product in question must be consumed fresh. It is forbidden to store them for storage
Now you know what a flax seed is. The benefit of how to take this product was also told above. With all the recommendations, flax seeds can be used without any fear. This will allow you to get rid of many painful conditions, and also feel much better.