Massage of the scalp: indications and contraindications
The simplest massage techniques began to be applied about five millennia ago. Without a doubt, the current methods differ significantly from the past.
The scalp massage was widely used even in ancient times. And today different types and techniques of execution are already known.
Massage of the scalp and collar zone. Types of
Procedures are not only pleasant, but also useful. Massages of the head and collar zone are useful for treating headaches, improving the appearance, the condition of the hair and much more.
The main types:
Each of them has dozens of different execution techniques.
Before the massage of the scalp, in advance, in principle, do not commit any additional action.
It is carried out before the head muzzle or during it. If you use high quality cosmetics, then the massage of the scalp during the washing process promotes the most favorable absorption of the beneficial properties of your shampoos, masks, balms and the like.
Massaging is not forbidden to be carried out on clean, freshly washed scalp and hair. However, this is inappropriate. After all, massage causes the production and secretion of sebum, which naturally leads to accelerated contamination of your luxurious mane.
It is recommended not to drink alcoholic beverages. It is advisable to limit their reception at least five hours before the medical procedure.
In some cases, decoctions of various herbs or essential oils are applied in advance. But you should not do it yourself, it is better to consult a specialist in advance.
Technique of scalp massage
There are several dozen ways to perform this procedure. At the big desire everyone is capable to execute it independently in house conditions.
First you need to relax. Put your fingers on the whiskey( try not to touch the skin with your fingernails).Lightly circular movements gently massage, slowly moving over the head, not touching the face area. In no case do not press strongly, as it is possible to cause injury. Continue these easy movements until the person relaxes.
After you have completed the preliminary part, you need to start the procedure itself. There are a lot of types of massage. The technician, accordingly, too.
Consider the most popular:
- Classic. The technique of execution is the simplest. After the preparatory phase, with careful ironing movements, move over the skin under the hair from the frontal part to the occipital and from the parietal to the side of the auricles. Massage is performed strictly on the growth of hair. Movements are not limited and can be different. The main goal is to make the blood flow to this part of the head. Razirayte in a circle, rattling, pinch - any movement will do. However, do not forget to alternate with stroking. As an option, massage for parting. Divide the hair into strands, between which it will be approximately about two centimeters, and massage the epidermis under them. The duration of the procedure is about ten minutes.
- Massage with a brush. The technique of execution is unusually simple, but not less traumatic. For carrying out of massage the special brush for hair is required. That's where the danger lies. For today in shops to us offer the broadest choice. But not each of these products is acceptable for massage. The brush must necessarily be of good quality: wood, ebonite or horn bone. In other cases it is not recommended to use the remaining options for the procedure. Practically to all specialized massage brushes there is an instruction on its use. But if it is not, then you can use universal movements. Gently head from the temporal region to the crown. Movement should be circular. Then, in the same way, massage from the temporal region to the occipital and frontal. Repeat for several minutes, changing the tempo. At the end of the procedure, comb the hair along the entire length, starting from the roots.
- Massage of the collar zone. Quite a complicated technique of implementation, so in this case it is better not to engage in amateur performance. The man sits on a chair that stands in front of the table. The specialist first performs the preparatory stage, then the classical massage. Then gradually moves to the collar zone. The patient puts his head on the pillow, located in front of him on the table. Massage begins with light strokes on either side of the spine. Movements should be from him to the trapezius muscles of the shoulders. Strength stroking gradually increases, turning into pressure. That is, start massaging with your fingertips, and end with phalanxes, clenched fists with your hands. The next step is warming up the muscles of the shoulders. This is not a very pleasant moment for the patient, so it is important to monitor his reaction. The main goal is to relax the trapezius muscle, which is almost always tense. After the specialist moves forward to the shoulder joints and the widest back muscles. Their warm-up takes about five minutes. It should be noted that in any case, do not try to stretch the spine. Without special skills, you will only harm the patient. In general, the procedure should last about twenty-five minutes. After the massage of the collar zone, the patient should lie on the pillow for a while.
The benefits of
All the positive effects of scalp massage are due to increased circulation, lymph flow and metabolic processes.
- The appearance changes. Improves nutrition of the roots of hair.
- Headaches are eliminated.
- Puffiness is removed from the eyes and face.
- Increased immunity.
- Elimination of spasms.
- Fighting insomnia.
- Improves the work of the brain.
- Increased concentration of attention.
- Memory is improved.
Massaging the head is used for cosmetic and therapeutic purposes. The technique varies depending on the priorities set. However, the massage of the scalp indications and contraindications is in both cases. Before starting the procedure, a person must study them in order to avoid unpleasant consequences.
Massage of the scalp indications has the following:
- A frequent headache.
- Chronic drowsiness.
- State of panic, anxiety.
- Unstable emotional state.
- Pain in muscles, joints.
- Hair loss.
- Dry scalp.
- Poor hair condition - dullness, brittle, pointed tips.
There is a small list of diseases and processes in which it is not recommended to carry out massage of the scalp.
Contraindications are as follows:
- Various wounds in the head area.
- Fungus on the skin.
- Recently transferred operations.
- Blood vessels on the face that are dilated.
- Extremely greasy hair.
- Chronic diseases in acute stage.
- Diseases of oncological nature.
- High body temperature.
- Thrombosis. Heart Dysfunction.
Result and possible complications
Without a doubt, everyone wants to see early positive changes after the procedure. In case you are doing cosmetic massage, then all this will happen. After the first session, you will see positive changes. So, for example, rubbing sea salt into the skin will immediately reduce the amount of hair falling out. If the massage is therapeutic, then this rapid effect will not work. At least after three procedures you will feel the result.
It should be noted that the effect will be noticeable only if the scalp massage is performed correctly.
If the qualification of a specialist is insufficient or if there is a complete absence of it, complications may occur after the procedure. So, non-professionals sometimes ignore contraindications to massage. At the same time, mistakes in performing various types of massage can range from simple headaches to increased urination, serious injuries to the neck or shoulders.
In general, it is better, of course, to give yourself, your health, beauty to the hands of a professional and be 100% sure of the effectiveness of the hair massage of the scalp.