The benefits of fruits and vegetables. The most useful vegetables and fruits
The benefits of fruits and vegetables are indeed invaluable, and hardly anyone can argue with this statement. Scientists have long proven that eating them daily( preferably in raw form) helps to strengthen the immune system, improve the work of the heart and blood vessels, saturate the body with vitamins and minerals. That is why it is worthwhile to consider more carefully the questions about what these products contain and what properties they possess.
The benefits of fruits and vegetables
It is believed that to maintain normal body functioning it is required to consume at least 600 g of these products daily. What are the benefits of fruits and vegetables? To answer this question, it is worth considering their unique composition.
- First of all, one should mention the high content of vitamins. These biologically active substances are necessary for the work of the body, since they participate in virtually all metabolic reactions. For example, the benefits of lemon and orange, as well as kiwi and black currants, is to keep a huge amount of vitamin C, so necessary for the immune system. Carrots and blueberries are sources of beta-carotene. Pumpkin, sorrel and spinach are rich in vitamin K, and folic acid is found in green peas and cauliflower.
- These products also contain a huge amount of useful macro and microelements, in particular, calcium and phosphorus( necessary for strengthening bones and teeth), magnesium, sodium and copper. Apple, banana contain a large amount of iron and potassium, which provide the processes of hematopoiesis and regulate the work of the myocardium.
- Fresh fruits and vegetables are rich in antioxidants. These are biological active substances that protect cell membranes from the negative effects of free radicals. Thus, the regular use of these products helps slow the aging process, improves blood circulation, positively affects the work of the nervous system. The most famous natural antioxidants are vitamins A, K and C. By the way, they are rich in white cabbage( the benefits and harms of this product will be described below).
- In addition, fruits and vegetables contain pectins, phytonutrients, phytohormones and other useful substances.
Positive effects on the cardiovascular system
As already mentioned, vitamins, minerals and antioxidants are present in fresh fruits and vegetables, which improve the functioning of the myocardium, provide elasticity of the vascular walls, activate the mechanisms of hematopoiesis.
It is proved that people who eat 8 servings of fruits and vegetables a day are less likely to develop cardiovascular diseases. As a result of the research, it was also found that in hypertensive patients, whose diet mainly consists of fruits and vegetables, the pressure is significantly reduced.
How do fresh fruits and vegetables affect the digestive tract?
The benefits of fruits and vegetables for the digestive tract are simply enormous. As you know, movement of the food lump through the esophagus is provided by peristalsis( contraction) of the walls of the stomach and intestines. The only mechanical stimulator of peristalsis is fiber, which is just abundant in fresh vegetables and fruits.
Moreover, cellulose is used by useful bacteria of the digestive tract, which is good for the work of the whole organism. Some foods, in particular beetroot, the health benefits and harm to which will be described below, are used to combat constipation.
Diabetes and cancer medicine
It should be noted that studies conducted by the World Cancer Foundation proved that regular consumption of fruits and vegetables reduces the likelihood of developing cancer. To the list of useful products include garlic, onions, Peking cabbage, zucchini, broccoli, tomatoes.
Research on the mechanisms of development of diabetes mellitus was conducted, during which scientists managed to find out that regular consumption of large quantities of fresh fruits( in particular, blueberries, apples, grapes, bananas) reduces the risk of developing type 2 diabetes. By the way, during the same tests it was proved that the constant use of fresh juices from the same fruits and berries, on the contrary, is harmful to the pancreas.
The Use of Green Vegetables and Fruits
Not everyone knows that vegetables and fruits of the same colors, as a rule, have the same substances in their composition. For example, red foods contain lycopene, in white there is sulforaphane, but the most useful vegetables and fruits of green flowers are rich in vitamin K, potassium, folic acid, carotenoids and omega-3 fatty acids.
This group includes cucumbers, green leaf salads, asparagus, kiwi, avocado, artichoke, celery, zucchini, zucchini, peas, olives, peppers, some varieties of apples and pears. Regular use of these products improves hemopoiesis, helps to normalize weight, positively affects the condition of the skin and hair, is a remarkable prevention of cancer and diabetes.
The most useful fruits
Of course, all fruits are useful. But some of them have a more saturated composition.
- Apples .They contain a large amount of pectin and fiber, which bind slags and toxins, improve digestion, strengthen intestinal motility, strengthen the immune system, stimulate the synthesis of gastric juice.
- Banana .Thanks to the high level of potassium, this fruit helps reduce blood pressure and improve heart function. It is also recommended to people suffering from increased acidity in the stomach.
- Grapefruit .It improves digestion, speeds up metabolic processes, helps to get rid of excess weight.
- Kiwi is a real storehouse of vitamins. This fruit strengthens the immune system, contributes to the fight against excess weight, has mild laxative properties, helps to cleanse the intestines from toxins and toxins.
- Lemon .This fruit not only improves the performance of the immune system. It is also considered an effective fat burner.
The most useful vegetables
Of course, it is difficult to identify the most useful products from this category. Nevertheless, scientists managed to make a list.
- Beets .The benefits and harm to health in this case are known to people for a long time. This vegetable contains betaine, which helps the liver to efficiently purify the body of toxins. In addition, the beet contributes to the processes of digestion, eliminates constipation, destroys putrefactive bacteria in the intestines, rejuvenates the body. Since this product has laxative properties, when it is used in too large amounts, chronic diarrhea is possible. Also, the vegetable is contraindicated in patients with urolithiasis.
- White cabbage .The benefits and harms of this vegetable are also of interest to many. In fact, regular use of cabbage improves digestion. Fibers contained in its leaves, bind toxins and heavy metals, speeding their removal from the intestine. Cabbage contains vitamin U, which neutralizes chemical toxins and promotes skin regeneration processes. As for harm, this vegetable increases acidity in the stomach( contraindicated in gastritis, colitis and some other inflammatory diseases).
- Garlic .This product reduces the level of dangerous cholesterol, cleans vessels, fights with helminth and infectious diseases, strengthens the immune system, and is also considered a preventive measure to prevent brain cancer.
- Onion .Contains phytoncides, which negatively affect pathogenic fungi and bacteria. In addition, this product improves appetite, normalizes the digestive process, promotes absorption of nutrients.
As you can see, fruits and vegetables are really useful. It is they who make up the lion's part of the daily diet.