Healthy lifestyle: Definition. What is a healthy lifestyle and its components?
The definition of what a healthy lifestyle is wide enough. It includes a lot of interrelated moments, which together help a person to feel active, strong and happy.
Definition of "health", "healthy lifestyle"
Health is a state of the body, all functional systems of which fully perform their functions. This phenomenon can also be characterized as the absence of disease and physical defects.
It is also worthwhile to pay attention to the definition of what a healthy lifestyle is. This is a person's behavior aimed at strengthening immunity, preventing disease and forming a satisfactory state of health.
If we consider this concept from the point of view of philosophy, then this is not just the way of life of a particular person. This is a problem of society. If you look from the perspective of psychology, then HLS is considered as a motivation, and from a medical point of view - this is a way to improve health.
Preconditions for the development of the
Ideology of Healthy Lifestyle Among other things, it is necessary to find out exactly what preconditions helped the named phenomenon to define. A healthy lifestyle began to be of particular interest to society in the 70s of the last century. This was due to the fact that the development of scientific and technical progress has radically changed the life of a person, due to which the issue of strengthening immunity and increasing life expectancy was sharply raised.
As for the present, doctors have sounded the alarm. Given the improvement in working conditions( compared to past centuries), the expansion of opportunities for obtaining quality food and the availability of sufficient amount of free time, life expectancy is nevertheless steadily declining. This is due to the fact that people have become more passive and prone to harmful influences. The number of diseases is growing rapidly.
Based on the above, HLS is important not only for a particular person, but for society as a whole. Only a healthy person who feels well can be active and doing his job well. Following the principles of healthy living helps a person become a valuable member of society.
Definition of a healthy lifestyle and its components
HLS is a systemic phenomenon that consists of many components. To them it is possible to carry some components:
- Training of bases of health and a correct way of life since the early childhood( in a family and educational institutions).
- Creation of a safe environment that promotes the all-round development of the body and does not harm health.
- Rejection of bad habits and the formation of a negative attitude towards them.
- Formation of a nutrition culture that implies the use of healthy food in moderate amounts.
- The need for regular physical activity, the intensity of which corresponds to the age and general condition of the body.
- Knowledge and observance of hygiene rules( both personal and public).
Basic Aspects of
It is worth noting that the HLS has a fairly versatile definition. What is a healthy lifestyle can be formulated with confidence, given the combination of several aspects:
- Physical implies maintaining good health and strengthening the protective mechanisms of the body.
- Emotional - the ability to control emotions, adequately respond to problems.
- Intelligent - the ability to find the right information and its rational use.
- Spiritual - the ability to set life guidelines and follow them.
How is the
healthy? The definition of "healthy lifestyle" is not limited only to the physical condition and satisfactory state of health. This is a multifaceted phenomenon, the formation of which occurs on several levels.
So, the social propaganda is carried out by educational institutions, mass media and public organizations. Infrastructural level implies changes in living conditions, material and physical possibilities, carrying out preventive measures, as well as monitoring the ecological situation. A personal - his own motives, his life values and organization of life.
The human desire for self-improvement in the physical plane has a specific definition. What is a healthy lifestyle can be answered by enumerating the whole complex of purposeful actions that are aimed at improving the functional state of the body. If you wish to follow this philosophy, begin to follow such recommendations:
- Begin every morning with charging. Physical exercise allows you to activate the lymphatic system, which is responsible for removing toxins from the body.
- Plan your diet so that you can consume as many useful substances as possible. In winter and spring, when there are no seasonal fruits and vegetables, drink a complex of vitamins.
- Practice hardening, which will save you from colds and strengthen the nervous system. Begin with washing with cool water, gradually turning to wiping and pouring.
- Be sure to eat protein, which is found in meat, fish, dairy and cereal products. It is this substance that is responsible for the formation of the immune system.
- Nutritionists recommend eating 5 cups of quality black tea daily. It saturates the body with theanine, which strengthens the body's protective barriers.
- Keep track of your emotional state. Protect yourself from negativity and stress. Listen to calm music, watch funny movies, admire nature.
- Give time to meditation. Even if you are not familiar with this practice, just relax for a few minutes, immerse yourself in yourself and try not to think about anything.
- Give up bad habits. Smoking and alcohol destroy the immune system. Nevertheless, a moderate amount of quality alcohol, such as a holiday, you will not hurt.
- Daily 7-8 hours should be given to sleep, in order to fully restore the strength of the body for further fruitful work. But to sleep too long is also not worth it.
- Do not forget about hygiene. Washing hands before each meal and after visiting public places is a must.
Observance of day regimen
As you can judge, a healthy lifestyle consists of many elements. Basic concepts and definitions of it are numerous components that make up the complex structure of a healthy lifestyle. Perhaps the most important role is played by the correct regime of the day. If there is a clear schedule, the body starts to work automatically. Thus, less resources are spent on accomplishing certain tasks. Also significantly reduces the stress effect.
The human body is a complex mechanism, in the work of which there may be interruptions if you treat it carelessly. The first thing you should pay attention to is a full-fledged dream. Go to rest and wake up at the same time. In addition, sleep and wakefulness must coincide, respectively, with the dark and light time of the day.
No more than 8 hours per day should be allocated to work. At the same time, active work should be accompanied by short, but regular periods of complete relaxation. This concerns not only the performance of professional duties, but also home studies.
Nutrition plays a decisive role in the task of creating a healthy lifestyle. Determining the right diet helps to saturate the body with all the necessary substances that will ensure its smooth operation. Healthy eating implies the following:
- decrease in the number of animal fats;
- rejection of fat types of meat( preference should be given to the bird);
- rejection of fast carbohydrates( sweets, fast food, buns);
- fractional meals( frequent but in small portions);
- refusal of late dinner;
- intensive fluid intake;
- eating fresh food that has undergone minimal heat treatment( or none at all);
- adjusting the amount of consumed and consumed energy.
To ensure the smooth functioning of all body systems, as well as good health, you must follow the principles of a healthy lifestyle. To take this path, you will need serious effort of will. Nevertheless, after a while it will become a habit, and the rules of healthy lifestyles will be fulfilled at the automatic level. You will work productively and look younger.