"Organometr": reviews of gynecologists
How effective is a drug such as "Organometr"?Reviews about this drug you can find at the end of this article. It also provides information on the therapeutic properties of this drug, its indications and methods of application.
Composition, description, form
The preparation "Organometr", whose reviews are mostly positive, is available in the form of tablets( white) with bevelled edges, round, with a risk on one side and TT, "4", ORGANON,and also with the image of the star - on the other.
The main component of this drug is lynestrenol. It also contains auxiliary ingredients in the form of α-tocopherol, potato starch, glycerol, magnesium stearate, talc and lactose monohydrate.
The tablets in question are sold in blisters of 30 pieces, placed in packs of cardboard.
Therapeutic features of
What is the medicine "Organometr"?Instruction, reviews report that this is a synthetic progestogen, intended for oral administration. Its active ingredient, lynestrenol, has the same pharmacological characteristics as natural progesterone.
According to the statements of experienced specialists, this preparation is able to exert a pronounced progestogenic effect on the endometrium. With the regular administration of tablets, lynestrenol suppresses not only ovulation but also menstruation.
It is advisable to use this medication only in those cases when a pronounced progestogenic effect is necessary.
Kinetics of the drug
Is it absorbed such a drug as "Ormetil"?The experts' comments indicate that after taking the tablets, lentestrone is absorbed rather quickly, after which it undergoes a transformation in the liver and is converted to active norethisterone. Its peak concentration in the blood is observed after 4 hours.
The time for elimination of norethisterone from the plasma after taking the tablets is approximately 8-12 hours. Linestrenol, as well as its metabolites are excreted by the kidneys( to a lesser extent through the intestine).
In what cases is the most effective medicine "Orgmetriol"?Reviews of gynecologists report that the agent under consideration is indicated for admission under conditions such as:
- metrorrhagia and menorrhagia;
- endometrial carcinoma( in some cases);
- mammary gland is benign;
- amenorrhea or oligomenorrhoea primary or secondary( in some cases);
- as an adjunct to estrogen replacement therapy in postmenopausal and perimenopause to reduce the risk of developing endometrial hyperplasia;
- in order to suppress ovulation( not contraception!), Menstruation and ovulatory pain;
- in order to delay normal menstruation.
Prohibitions on the use of
When should the patient not take the "Metometil" tablets? Reviews( hyperplasia of the endometrium with this remedy is treated very well) indicate such contraindications as:
- ectopic pregnancy( including in anamnesis);
- Rotor Syndrome;
- suspected pregnancy or already onset;
- Gilbert syndrome;
- Dubin-Johnson syndrome;
- severe liver disease, including hepatitis or cholestatic jaundice, hepatoma;
- severe depression;
- bleeding from the vagina of unknown origin;
- conditions that can worsen after taking steroid hormones( including otosclerosis, gestational jaundice, pregnant chloasma, porphyria, gestational herpes and severe itching);
- congenital disorders in the exchange of cholesterol;
- thrombosis or thromboembolism;
- hypersensitivity to drug substances.
In the process of taking this medication it is necessary to constantly monitor the condition of patients suffering from chronic heart failure, arterial hypertension, thromboembolism( including history) and depression.
Tablets "Organometr": instructions for use
Reviews say that the medicine should be taken with a small amount of water.
In case of polymenorea, the dosage of this remedy is 5 mg per day( from the 14th to the 25th day of the menstrual cycle).
For menorrhagia and metrorrhagia, 10 mg per day for 10 days. The course of treatment should be repeated during the next three menstrual cycles of 5 mg per day( from the 14th to the 25th day of the cycle).
When endometriosis - 5-10 mg per day for six months in continuous mode.
With endometrial carcinoma, 30-50 mg per day for a long time.
For benign breast diseases - 5 mg per day( from the 14th to the 25th day of the cycle) for 4 months.
In order to suppress ovulatory pain, ovulation and menstruation - 5 mg per day( therapy should be started from the 1st day of the menstrual cycle).Such treatment should continue for many months.
For delay of normal monthly - 5 mg per day( reception should be started 14 days before the expected menstruation).
How should I take "Organometr" with endometrial hyperplasia? Experts say that this medication is prescribed 2.5-5 mg daily for 12-15 days per month.
Side effects of
What negative reactions can the tablets "Organometr" cause? Reviews of gynecologists report the following possible side effects:
- hypercoagulability, hypersensitivity, weight gain;
- peripheral edema, fluid retention, decreased glucose tolerance;
- increased libido, impaired fat metabolism, decreased libido;
- depression, nausea, increased nervous excitability, headache;
- abdominal pain, increased sweating, diarrhea, itching, constipation;
- migraine, dizziness, vomiting, jaundice;
- chloasma, acne, rash, seborrhea, hirsutism, urticaria;
- amenorrhea, metrorrhagia, pain in the mammary glands, cervical and vaginal discharge.
If you have described the side effects you need to tell the doctor about it.
The drug "Organometr": reviews
Medicines intended to treat various reproductive system disorders in women, especially are actively discussed by patients. On the therapeutic effect of the drug in question, women leave only positive feedback. They argue that this drug is not only a highly effective drug, but almost never causes adverse reactions. However, gynecologists argue that some patients with the use of this medication begin to worry about the problem of excess weight. At the same time, they stipulate that when choosing the right therapy scheme, the body weight does not increase.
Specialists also report that treatment with this medication can be prescribed for women of completely different ages. In this case, doctors establish a therapeutic regimen and dosage, depending on the complexity and type of gynecological impairment.
It is congruent with the opinion of most gynecologists that the effectiveness of this remedy should be fully manifested, it is necessary to undergo long-term therapy, which will last for several months.
So, is it possible to take "Organometr" tablets with endometrial hyperplasia? Experts say that with this disease, this drug manifests itself only from the best side. Therefore at the mentioned diagnosis it is appointed very often.