Diet for cystitis in women: diet menu for acute cystitis
Cystitis is an inflammation of the bladder due to infection, irritation, trauma or a combination of these three causes. The main symptoms of the disease - pain, increased frequency of urination, urgent urge to urinate. This problem is widespread in women and can lead to a number of unpleasant sensations and inconveniences in social life. Reviews of the diet for cystitis are only positive: still, because the right food can never hurt you.
Currently, there are drugs that can reduce the manifestations of the disease, but often medical therapy does not work at 100%, and the disease does not recede completely, assuming a chronic nature. An ideal treatment strategy has not been developed so far. The advice given by medics, in addition to taking medication, includes preventing stress, taking warm baths and enough sleep. Therefore, a diet with cystitis in women is the most important way to prevent exacerbation and support the body in a difficult period for him. It's about proper nutrition that we'll talk about in this article.
History of the development of the
diet The 2004 study showed that in 92% of patients certain beverages and dishes provoked an exacerbation.84% of the respondents said that the symptoms became less pronounced if they adhered to the diet. During the study, participants did not undergo any additional therapy, and such impressive results were not expected.
In July 2007, a group of researchers of this insidious disease published a list of products in the urology journal that could cause an exacerbation. Dr. Beyer says that these products were the same ones that were mentioned over the last 20 years and that were mentioned in online sources and support groups. To the question: "Which diet can reduce the symptoms?" - is yet to be answered. But the results of the research published in the article allow us to hope that the answer will be found.
Diet for cystitis, or Help to fight the disease
The diet still needs improvement, but some tools have already been discovered. It is desirable to work with each patient individually and to analyze what is best for him specifically. The diet for cystitis in women consists of several stages. About them also we will talk further.
Tool # 1
The first tool is the rejection of foods and beverages that can exacerbate the disease. For the majority of patients it is coffee, many kinds of tea, most carbonated drinks, especially low-calorie, most alcoholic drinks, citrus fruits and juices, cranberry juice, tomato products, soy, sweeteners, hot peppers and spicy dishes. Patients are advised, as far as possible, to try to reduce the number of the above products in the diet. Many patients feel relieved after the first phase of the diet. For those who want to go further, an expanded list of prohibited products has been developed and special recommendations have been added.
Tool No. 2
All products are divided into 3 categories: not dangerous to the bladder, those that need to be used with caution and harmful. The first category is the safest. Food related to the second, in some patients can cause problems. Patients are encouraged to experiment and observe how the body reacts to products from this category. Harmful food is better to exclude completely, as its use with a high probability can cause an exacerbation. Of course, in practice it is impossible to save patients from all their problems with the help of diet alone, but this approach helps to significantly alleviate the condition and, what is very important, give hope to those patients who are desperate and think that their unpleasant sensations will not end.
Diet for women with cystitis will be even more effective if you follow these tips:
- Water. When asked whether patients need to drink more water, it's not easy to answer. In most cases, water is well tolerated, but much depends on the manufacturer. It is advisable to choose the options that suit your body. Chlorinated water and brands with the addition of minerals should be avoided.
- Non-alcoholic beverages. Patients who are difficult to give up carbonated drinks, you can advise effervescent drinks from root vegetables. As for tea, chamomile and mint can be a good substitute for those who miss black.
- Cereals. In many cases, the cereals are well absorbed, except for the cases when the patient suffers from celiac disease, or is hypersensitive to gluten( according to the study, approximately 14% of patients have such intolerance).
- Semi-finished products. It is highly recommended that patients do not use semi-finished products and various kinds of pasta. However, you can prepare these dishes yourself using fresh ingredients. In most cases, it is even cheaper and, of course, much more useful. Smoked meat and soy. These products represent a danger to patients, especially soybean, which in 99% of patients causes an exacerbation.
- Dairy products. Good news for cheese lovers: the results of the research show that dairy products are well tolerated. Moreover, cheese or ice cream can even improve the condition of patients during an exacerbation.
- Fruits. With fruits, you have to be very careful. Individual patients tolerate only peaches and some types of berries. But each patient has a different tolerance.
- Vegetables. Most vegetables are useful in cystitis, with the exception of tomatoes and hot peppers. It is them and should be rich in a diet for cystitis in women. The menu is recommended to be made taking into account the wishes of the patient, but vegetable soups must necessarily be included in it.
- Breakfast: mashed potatoes with stewed zucchini, carrot juice. Lunch: compote of dried fruits.
- Lunch: vegetable soup with buckwheat groats, vareniki, a slice of cheese, pumpkin juice.
- Snack: a few slices of melon or watermelon.
- Dinner: yoghurt, cottage cheese with peach slices.
Transition to proper nutrition
It is not necessary to immediately eliminate all harmful products from your diet. Go to proper nutrition can be gradually. Diet for women with cystitis is quite a stress for the body. Keep a diary where you will write down all the foods that you used during the day. Next, describe your condition. Gradually reduce the amount of harmful food in your diet for 2-3 weeks. Watch your health. Nutritionists can help you make a menu and a list of necessary products, given your taste preferences and prohibitions.
Diet for acute cystitis in women
Acute cystitis requires special attention. The main task is the purification of the urinary tract and the excretion of pathogens. Also need to prevent irritation of mucous tissues. Basic rules:
- Drink plenty of fluids, minimum 1.5-2 liters daily. The chloride-calcium water is good. Will be useful fruit compotes and fruit drinks, vegetable juices( except tomato).An excellent option - pumpkin juice, it has diuretic properties.
- It is necessary to drink herbal infusions, kidney teas with field horsetail, cranberry leaf, bearberry.
- Fresh vegetables are useful - squash, cucumber, spinach, carrots, as well as watermelons and melons. Of fruits - grapes and pomegranate.
- Daily eat 1 tablespoon of honey.
- Milk, cottage cheese, cheese and yogurt will be useful during this period.
Patients know how unpleasant and even dangerous the disease is acute cystitis. The diet should be observed necessarily, so that the body can quickly recover.
Now you know the basic recommendations concerning nutrition in this insidious disease. It should be remembered that the diet for chronic cystitis in women is slightly different from that in the acute course of the disease. Therefore, during periods of exacerbations, it is important not to disregard the advice of dietitians and revise their diet. Of course, each organism is individual, and its reaction is not always predictable. Keep track of your well-being and look for products that are useful to you. Remember that a diet can greatly alleviate many of the symptoms. Your health is in your hands!