Ways of preventing pregnancy for women. Contraceptive methods of a new generation
Every day in the world, not one unwanted pregnancy is diagnosed. About 90 cases out of 100 could be prevented. However, women for some reason do not want or can not use contraceptives. Often, patients are simply not sufficiently informed about what there are reliable ways to protect themselves from conception. Today's article will tell you about them.
How to choose a contraceptive?
If your immediate plans do not include the birth of children, it is worth learning about what there are ways to prevent pregnancy. For women, a lot of money has been developed. Some of them are based on the correction of the hormonal background, others are related to barrier methods. Some contraceptives can also protect against genital infections. Some drugs are suitable only for women giving birth, others are preferably chosen with an irregular sexual life.
To correctly choose the methods of protection from pregnancy( for women), it is necessary to contact the gynecologist. The doctor will give you a checkup. After this - taking into account individual characteristics - the specialist will offer you several suitable methods. Of these, you can choose for yourself one or more. Then you can learn how to protect yourself from unwanted conception.
Hormones: COCs, plasters and other
What are the safest ways of preventing pregnancy for women? Experts say that when using hormonal drugs the chance of unexpected conception is almost zero. There are several types of hormonal contraceptives. Before choosing a particular remedy, it is necessary to take tests.
- Tablets. Oral contraceptives are different: monophasic, biphasic, three-phase. Such drugs have many contraindications. They are not prescribed for diabetes, varicose veins, migraines, smoking and many diseases. Take the pill at the same time. Only in this case the effect will be expected.
- Plasters. Less commonly used hormonal means of such a plan. These modern methods of preventing pregnancy are considered quite expensive. One patch is used for 22 days. After this, a one-week break is made. Then the circuit is repeated.
- Subcutaneous implants. Such means of contraception are used in those cases when it is impossible to apply a patch or tablets. Capsules are sewn under the skin for up to several years. As a result, a woman can not bother with taking pills and gets rid of feelings about unwanted conception.
All hormonal methods of preventing pregnancy for women are based on one action. They stop the operation of the ovaries and prevent the release of the egg.
Barrier methods: condoms and vaginal products
The most popular barrier method is a condom. However, it is used by men, not women. The condom is put on the penis before sexual intercourse. This method protects against all infections, including syphilis and HIV.Condoms are suitable for women who do not have a permanent partner. They are also used as additional contraceptives. An alternative to such products is the vaginal cap.
Spermicidal contraceptives can be classified as barrier protection agents. These are candles, creams, gels or foams. They are used 10-15 minutes before sexual intercourse and last for 40 minutes. The drugs can protect against certain infections and have a bactericidal effect. However, not all microbes die from these funds. In addition, prolonged use of spermicides can disrupt the vaginal microflora.
The most dangerous methods of preventing pregnancy - calendar calculation, interrupted sexual intercourse and some others. They are all based on the woman's feelings and assumptions. Often, representatives of the weaker sex who prefer these options, are pregnant.
- The essence of PPA( interrupted sexual contact) is that a man ejaculates outside the female body.
- The calendar method of protection is used by women with a regular cycle. Representatives of the weaker sex calculate the period of ovulation and during this period refrain from intercourse.
To natural prevention methods one can carry the tracking of basal temperature, the study of cervical mucus and so on. Whatever it was, but the interrupted act is a method of protection not recommended by gynecologists.
On the use of IUDs, experts say that this method of protection is proven and safe. But it is not recommended for nulliparous women, since they require the extension of the cervical canal during the introduction of the device. Intrauterine spirals do not allow the fetal egg to attach to the surface of the endometrium, even in the case of conception. Therefore, there is a guarantee of contraceptive effect.
About the Navy, reviews of some women say that they managed to get pregnant even with the device installed. This conception is recognized as pathological and in most cases results in miscarriage.
How not to become pregnant after the act? In such situations, modern postcoital methods of protection come to the rescue. Produced drugs in tablets: "Mifegin", "Postinor", "Escapel" and so on. It is necessary to take them no later than three days after intercourse. Drugs are contraindicated in liver failure, smoking, thrombosis.
The action of drugs is based on the cessation of progesterone production and the separation of the endometrium from the uterine membrane. Use of such medicines is necessary only in case of emergency. They are not suitable for permanent protection from pregnancy. Side effects of drugs are nausea, abdominal pain, hormonal background failures and so on.
To the emergency methods of contraception can be attributed and the installation of the intrauterine device. It has already been discussed above. In this case, you need to meet the deadline of 5 days. If during this time you manage to manipulate, the probability of pregnancy will be close to zero. But it is worth remembering that before such a procedure it is necessary to take tests. Some studies take more than five days.
Folk ways of
Even our grandmothers and great-grandmothers knew how not to get pregnant after the act. For this, various folk remedies and recipes were used. But modern gynecologists against such "amateur".The inefficiency of such methods has long been proven. But for general acquaintance about them it is worthwhile to tell.
- Douching. As a basis for a solution for insertion into the vagina, use is made of potassium permanganate, citric acid and aspirin tablets. All these components are bred in water. It is assumed that the fluid drastically changes the microflora and acidity in the vagina. That's why spermatozoa can not survive.
- Another "grandmother" method of protection is a shock dose of vitamin C. It has long been known that this method can bring menstruation closer. It is believed that after unprotected sexual intercourse, vitamin C can prevent conception.
- In ancient times, before the sexual intercourse, women inserted a slice of lemon into the vagina. Acidic environment did not allow capable sperm to penetrate into the uterine cavity.
Modern medicine offers couples a lot of contraceptives. They are selected individually taking into account all your features and wishes. If a woman has a hormonal disease, then some medications can help to eliminate it. Be sure to visit the gynecologist and choose the method that is right for you. Using contraceptives, you can protect yourself from abortions and their complications. Approach this matter responsibly and take care of yourself!