Can I stop tooth decay?
The services of a good dentist are not cheap, and every year the price for them only increases. In times of crisis, not many of us can afford qualified dental treatment, and therefore it will be very useful to find out whether caries can be stopped at home and how to do it. It should immediately be stipulated that you will not be able to completely cure this disease with folk remedies, and sooner or later you will have to pay a visit to the doctor. But thanks to the advice presented in this material, you can stop caries for a while.
What is this disease
Before you figure out how to stop tooth decay, you should understand what it is. Caries is a disease in which oral microorganisms secrete organic acids, leading to the destruction of enamel, and then the entire dental tissue. The disease itself has several stages and develops as follows:
- A dark spot appears on the teeth. This initial form of the disease can remain unchanged for a long time.
- The caries progresses and hits the top of the tooth. First, the enamel is destroyed, because of this a person has a sensitivity to hot and cold.
- Average degree of caries. This stage of the disease destroys not only enamel, but also dentin. The patient increases sensitivity to sweet, hot and cold, but the pain quickly passes.
- Deep degree of caries. This form of the disease is characterized by a serious lesion of the dental tissue located near the nerve endings. The disease is accompanied by a prolonged and acute pain, aggravated by the intake of cold and hot drinks or food.
The best treatment - prevention
In order not to ask if it is possible to stop caries, it is better not to let it appear at all. And for this it is necessary to take a number of simple preventive measures:
- Regularly brush your teeth. No matter how trivial it sounds, but hygiene of the oral cavity is the best prevention of caries. In this case, you need to brush your teeth after each meal. In addition, to achieve maximum effect, you need to monitor the state of the toothbrush, and change this subject every three to four months.
- Regularly chew gum without sugar. Chewing gum is not an advertising gimmick, but really an excellent preventive against caries.
- Eat less sweet and "sticky" foods. This category of products includes: cakes, milk chocolate, donuts, potato chips, lozenges and toffee, dry nut-fruit mixes, raisins, bananas, yogurt.
- Visit the dentist at least once a year. In this case, you can avoid the transition of the disease into a more serious form.
How to stop tooth decay at home
If you notice signs of this disease, and go to the dentist is not possible, then you need to tackle caries treatment with folk remedies. It should be understood that you can get rid of it only in the early stages. If the disease has developed into late forms, then without visiting the dentist you can not do.
In order to stop tooth decay with folk remedies, you will need a minimum of effort and skill, as all the recipes that you will find below are fairly simple, and the ingredients for them can be bought in a regular pharmacy.
In order to prepare this product, you will need to pour a glass of boiling water one tablespoon of the medicinal plant. Then the resulting mixture is put in a warm place for one hour. After this, it is necessary to strain the infusion and rinse out the oral cavity, and apply a cotton wool soaked in a broth to the affected tooth. Sage is an excellent natural antiseptic, and thanks to it the development of caries is suspended.
This substance is one of the best for the treatment of dental diseases. How to stop caries with propolis? Attach a small pea of the substance to the affected area and press with a cotton swab. The duration of the procedure should not be more than half an hour.
Strangely enough, but the laundry soap is an excellent tool for the prevention of tooth decay. In order for them to treat their teeth, you need to perform regular cleaning with a soap solution. Household soap fights well against fungi and bacteria, produces a healing effect when putrefaction of teeth. For cleaning, use only freshly prepared mortar and apply it as a regular toothpaste.
Such treatment is one of the most famous folk methods. How to stop the development of caries with onion husks? Very simple. Take three tablespoons of husks and fill it with half a liter of boiling water. Then put the mixture on a fire and bring to a boil. The resulting broth strain through gauze and let it brew for 8 hours. After this, the drug will be ready, and for treatment you need to rinse the resulting infusion of the mouth several times a day. Onion husks perfectly relieve pain, and also has a disinfectant effect.
Vodka tincture based on this medicinal plant is an excellent remedy for caries. And make it much easier than it seems. To do this, take a half-liter bottle of vodka and add in it half a cup of crushed root of ara. This mixture you need to insist for a week. After this tincture rinse your mouth before going to bed or while there is pain. Ingesting it is not recommended.
In order to enhance the effect, it is possible to combine tincture from aire with an alcohol solution of propolis. For its preparation take twenty grams of substance and insist it in a half liter of vodka for seven days. After this, the tinctures are mixed in equal proportions, and the product is rinsed with the oral cavity. The therapeutic effect of this balm is that propolis perfectly fills microcracks, the air also anesthetizes and strengthens tooth enamel.
An excellent remedy against caries, the healing effects of which have been known for a long time. In order to be treated with camphor alcohol, moisten the cotton swab in the solution, attach it to the affected area and hold for several minutes. It is also recommended to lubricate the gum with the gum near the aching tooth.
Garlic helps to relieve pain
The juice of this vegetable has an excellent analgesic effect. In order to reduce discomfort or completely get rid of unpleasant sensations, make garlic paste using a pressure roll. Next, apply it to a cotton swab and attach it to your troubling tooth. Keep the paste in your mouth until the pain completely subsides.
It is impossible to cure caries with such a remedy, but this oil is an excellent analgesic. Especially if the sensations are noisy. In order to get rid of the pain, dab a cotton swab into the oil, then attach it to the top of the tooth for a few minutes. After that, you need to move the tampon to the front of the enamel, and after a while - to the back.
How to stop tooth decay in children
To date, this disease occurs in almost every child, so you should pay special attention to monitor the condition of the baby's mouth. In modern dentistry, there are several ways to stop the caries of baby teeth, and silvering is considered one of the best. This procedure can save the child from problems in the oral cavity, and at the same time, it is painless and does not require the use of drills.
The process of silvering looks like this: a special solution containing silver nitrite is applied to the surface of the teeth. This chemical, thanks to the powerful bactericidal effect, can stop the effect of microorganisms on the dental tissue.
It should be borne in mind that this method should be used only at an early stage of tooth decay, at the moment when a spot appears on the tooth. If the damage is already quite deep, then silvering will not only do good, but it can also cause a burn of the nerve, which is very painful. In other respects, this procedure is safe and does not cause poisoning or allergic reactions.
Treatment of infant teeth
At the first signs of this disease the child should consult a pediatric dentist. Only the attending physician decides how to stop tooth decay. It is not necessary that you need to perform the procedure of sealing, because dentists try to avoid this by any means, since the milk tooth will drop out sooner or later, and especially it does not make sense.
The child can be cured of caries only at early stages. To do this, the baby is prescribed a complex of vitamins( B1, B6, A, D, C) and preparations containing calcium and phosphorus.
As for traditional medicine, it is impossible to cure such caries by such methods. But for the prevention, they will be very useful. Such popular recipes in most cases boil down to mouth rinsing with decoctions of medicinal plants, for example, oak bark or chamomile, and also to take infusions that increase the general state of immunity.
Traditional recipes for the removal of a toothache in a child
Sometimes you have to face a situation where there is no possibility to reduce the child to a dentist, and the baby suffers from a toothache. In this case, you can use several folk recipes, anesthetizing the manifestations of caries:
- Put a pea of propolis on a sick tooth and cover this place with a cotton swab for twenty minutes. This substance perfectly anesthetizes, but more than this time to keep it not worth it, because with prolonged use it causes and destruction of the enamel.
- You can temporarily take off the pain with a small piece of cotton wool soaked in garlic juice.
- To rinse your baby's mouth, you can make an infusion of sage or a drug chamomile. To make it, add a spoonful of herbs to a glass of boiling water and leave it for an hour.
Remember that prevention is much more effective and painless than treatment. So it's better not to think about how to stop tooth decay, but how to avoid it. To do this, twice a year, show the baby dentist. Thus, you can prevent this disease or neutralize it in the early stages.