"Candiderm"( cream): price, instructions for use, reviews
What components does the Candiderm contain? The composition of this tool is presented below. Also in the materials of this article you can find information about how much this cream costs, what it is needed for, whether it has contraindications, and what side effects it causes.
Composition, description, packaging
The drug "Candiderm", the instruction of which is enclosed in a cardboard pack, contains such active substances as beclomethasone dipropionate, clotrimazole and gentamycin sulfate. In addition, its composition includes additional components in the form of benzyl alcohol, cetomacrogol, propylene glycol, sodium dihydrogen phosphate monohydrate, methylparaben, sodium hydrogenphosphate, propylparaben, petrolatum and water of liquid paraffin.
Buy medicinal "Candiderm"( cream has a white color and a homogeneous structure) can be in aluminum tubes, placed in a box.
Pharmacology of the external remedy
How does the Candiderm drug work? The cream is antifungal, antimicrobial, anti-allergic and anti-inflammatory. Its effectiveness is due to the combined composition.
Consider the properties of substances that make up the ointment, in more detail:
- Beclomethasone is a pronounced antipruritic, antiallergic, antiexudative and anti-inflammatory substance. It reduces the accumulation of leukocytes, releases inflammatory mediators and lysosomal specific enzymes, as well as inhibits phagocytosis, prevents edema and reduces vascular-tissue permeability.
- Clotrimazole is an antifungal component. It reduces the synthesis of ergosterol, which is an integral part of fungal cells.
- Gentamicin is an antibiotic element. It is referred to as an aminoglycoside group. This substance is capable of bactericidal action. Also, this component effectively suppresses the activity of staphylococci, Klebsiella, pseudomonad, proteus, enterobacteria, streptococci and Escherichia.
Kinetic properties of
The Candiderm cream, the price of which is listed below, has not been studied for pharmacokinetic parameters. This is due to the fact that the composition of the drug in question includes several active substances.
Indications of an external agent
In what cases should the drug "Candiderm" be used? The cream should be prescribed only by an experienced dermatologist for the following indications:
- eczema, epidermophytic feet, allergic dermatosis;
- phlebotoderma, lichen planus, atopic dermatitis;
- dermatosis with secondary infection, diffuse form of neurodermatitis;
- dermatomycosis( including the inguinal region), anogenital itching, dermatitis, which arose after insect bites.
At what diseases can not apply the drug "Candiderm"( ointment)?The instruction, attached to this remedy, speaks about the following prohibitions:
- trophic wounds on the skin, chicken pox;
- rosacea, individual hypersensitivity;
- acne vulgaris, open wound surfaces;
- tuberculosis of skin, postvaccinal reactions on the skin;
- viral skin lesions and syphilitic reactions.
"Candiderm"( ointment) preparation: Instruction
Do you know how to use this medication? According to the instructions, the cream should be applied to the affected skin twice a day. Perform these procedures preferably before bedtime and after waking up.
The duration of the use of this medication depends on the individual characteristics of the person, the tolerability of the ointment and the overall effectiveness of the therapy.
As practice shows, after the 4-week treatment, the patient may experience the first side reactions.
Application in childhood
Does Candiderm prescribe to children? In pediatric practice this drug is used only according to indications. He is appointed to adolescents from 16 years. If required, according to the doctor's decision, the cream can be applied at the age of 7-16 years.
Does the drug cause Candida? The cream is tolerated relatively well by patients. However, the instruction indicates that prolonged use of this drug can cause depression of the adrenal cortex.
If you use the drug according to the recommendations of doctors, then the negative effects are very rare. At the same time, they are only temporary, as well as weakly expressed.
So what are the side effects of this drug? Against the background of its use may occur:
- dry skin, contact dermatitis, swelling, hyperemia;
- striae, peeling, maceration, furunculosis, urticaria;
- hypertrichosis, telangiectasia, pyoderma, perioral dermatitis;
- hypopigmentation, burning sensation, folliculitis, sweating;
- atrophic changes on the skin, acne eruptions steroid.
Overdose by external agent
When using large doses of medicament in large areas of the skin, the following signs of overdose can be observed:
- of glucosuria, weight gain, increase of blood pressure;
- hypokalemia, manifestations of hypercorticism.
With such symptoms, the patient is corrected by electrolyte balance, and also by post-syndrome therapy.
Recommendations for the use of ointment
Do not use this ointment for the treatment of eye diseases. Also, this drug should not be applied to the skin around the eyes.
If the bacterial or fungal resistance occurs, the cream is discarded.
Occlusive bandages increase the therapeutic effectiveness of the drug.
Aminoglycosides may develop cross-resistance during treatment with the patient.
The use of this agent with bandages leads to increased transdermal absorption of its active elements( beclomethasone and gentamicin).Such an effect may contribute to the occurrence of systemic adverse reactions.
In pediatrics cream "Candiderm" is prescribed only by indications and is used under medical supervision.
The use of dressings with ointment on large areas of the skin leads to the suppression of the pituitary-hypothalamic-adrenal system.
Price and analogues ointment
How much is the cream "Candiderm"?The price of this ointment is 440-470 rubles. This high cost of the drug confuses many patients. In this regard, they prefer to replace it with cheaper analogs. Among them, the following means are very popular: Belogent, Betaderm, Betagenot.
Reviews from doctors and patients
Specialists say that Candiderm cream is a unique remedy for external use that has antifungal, antipruritic and anti-inflammatory properties.
Doctors leave only positive responses about this drug. The drug under consideration copes well with the task and is actively used in dermatological practice.
Also positive responses about the cream "Candiderm" leave and patients. They report that this tool allows you to quickly eliminate unwanted symptoms of most skin diseases. Moreover, this drug almost does not cause side effects.
From the minuses of this drug can be distinguished its high cost and the presence of a large number of contraindications.