In this article we will understand how to remember dreams. We all see them when we sleep, but for some reason, while some are happy to share their interesting dreams with others, others assure that they never dream about dreams. In fact, night visions come to them, they just do not remember them for some reason.
Why people do not remember dreams
Scientists have long found out that a person can always forget about his dreams because of the characteristics of brain activity. In some individuals, the region on the border of the parietal and temporal cortex functions more strongly than in other representatives of the human genus. It is the first category and remembers your dreams better and more often.
Another part of humanity, in which the mentioned part of the brain is not active enough, waking up, do not remember that they had anything to dream about. The first sleep sensitively and can often wake up at night, but the second dream, on the contrary, is deep, calm and measured.
Why remember dreams?
But really - why? Well, first of all, in a state of sleep, we spend neither more nor less, but the third part of our life. Somehow it's a pity that such a large piece of priceless being turns out to be in absolute darkness. But dreams have the most direct impact on our emotional well-being after awakening. And this happens even if the person does not remember them. Pleasant dreams cause cheerfulness and uplift, give self-confidence, but the dream nightmare, on the contrary, can be unsettled for a whole day, a person will be in a depressed state and wonder why he got up on the wrong foot today.
In addition, the causes of sleep can be different. Sometimes the analysis of dreams helps to cope with psychological problems. Dreams can warn of something, they can be prophetic. No wonder that there are so many different dream books in the world. Great importance was attached to the night's dreams: the founder of the system of psychoanalysis, Sigmund Freud, the astrologer and fortuneteller Nostradamus, and the famous scientist Dmitri Ivanovich Mendeleev in the dream saw a table where all the chemical elements were orderly and clearly systematized. He could only fix his vision - and here we use the periodic system of Mendeleyev's chemical elements to this day.
Dreams and Reality
Real life and sleep are interrelated, and very closely. Whatever happens to a person in reality, sooner or later it is reflected in his dreams. This is a natural necessity of consciousness and subconsciousness, the brain and the whole organism. The brain can be called a big bank of all life decisions that a person has ever taken, a giant custodian of information about all words and deeds, about the world around him. In a dream, when consciousness is disconnected, the subconscious mind has the opportunity to re-construct, correct and modify what is happening around.
Being the protagonist of his dream, a person gets an opportunity to learn more about his attitude towards others and about their reciprocal attitude towards him. Fixing in his mind a vivid dream, we get a chance to learn the depth of his true possibilities. Therefore, it would be wrong to underestimate the importance of what the astral shows us.
Phases of sleep
Before we begin to tell how to remember dreams, we would like to explain the structure of dreams a little. When a person sleeps, he experiences two phases of sleep - slow and fast. Moreover, they both alternate with each other and, in turn, also divide into several phases. If a person is healthy, then his sleep begins always with the first, slow stage, which then passes into the second - a fast one. A prolonged night's sleep passes many cycles, during which the phases are replaced by one another. The slow flows in four stages, or stages, of which the third and fourth are the deepest( by the way, they are also called delta sleep).In this phase, it is difficult to wake a person, he is completely disconnected from the outside world and sees different subjects. However, waking up at this time, people rarely remember that they had a dream.
Quite another matter - the phase of fast sleep. This stage is characterized by muscle twitching, rapid eye movement. If at this time a person wakes up, in most cases he will remember what he dreamed of. Interesting is the fact that sleep a second before awakening is the brightest and is remembered for a very long time.
Tips for better remembering dreams
And now the most important part of our narrative begins. Do you want to learn how to remember dreams? Read carefully the following list of recommendations:
1. It is necessary to go to bed as early as possible to sleep well, as follows. In the morning on a fresh head to remember everything that happened in a dream, it will be much easier.
2. Try to establish close contact with your unconscious self. If you persistently and clearly make it clear to your subconscious that you want to hear and understand all that it wants to tell you, it can begin to respond.
3. What can I do to remember a dream? Before falling asleep, try to repeat the words to yourself: "I will definitely remember everything that I dream."
4. It is necessary to try several times a night to wake up. For this, before going to bed, you can drink plenty of water - in this case the body will wake you up. In those moments when you wake up, catch your dream and realize it will be easiest.
5. When you wake up, do not immediately get up. Try a little enjoy the state of half-dormancy, where sleep and reality are mixed with each other.
6. Discard the alarm - this device may interfere with memorization of the plot, because its sound roughly interrupts sleep and causes a person to jump sharply into a waking state. Inside, we have our own biological clock, and if we allow ourselves to wake up at 6 or 7 in the morning, then it will happen.
7. Feeling that you wake up, try not to move right away and do not open your eyes for a while. Polezhite motionless, focus on those images and visions that will arise in the head.
8. How to remember a dream? Memorize in the memory of individual key images or moments of a dream. If the entire dream is not completely remembered, then describe to yourself its fragments, feelings, mood.
9. Tell your loved ones about what you dreamed. Words will give night visions a more stable form and can lead to a chain of memories of their details.
10. Place a notepad with a pencil or pen next to the bedside table next to the bed, and let there be a source of weak light nearby, which can be easily turned on if necessary. Such a light can not drive the dream completely, but it will let you record what you just saw.
Logging of dreams
So, you have a special notebook, the pages of which you will verify all the details of night dreams. This is a very important point! Do not rely on your memory, even if you had a dream so bright that it seems impossible to forget. After only a few hours, you may find that memory has again failed you. So you need to keep records, and you need to do this immediately after awakening.
12 questions for the questionnaire of the journal
In order to facilitate work with the journal of dreams, we recommend using a special, prepared in advance questionnaire. Just try to respond as responsibly and honestly as possible to the following twelve questions each time:
1. What was your role in the dream( passive, active, aggressive, etc.)?
2. What emotions and feelings did you and other participants experience in the dream?
3. Does the plot of dreams have anything to do with what is happening in your life now?
4. Who were the heroes of your dream - relatives, friends or strangers? Try to remember everyone.
5. Was there any symbol( animal, house, gold, pond, etc.) in the dream or unusual properties? What relation could this have specifically to you?
6. How does this dream relate to the properties of your personality as a whole?
7. What are the main events of the dream? It is very important to trace at least part of the logic of what is happening, so as not only to understand later how to remember dreams, but also really learn how to do it.
8. What would you like to avoid from what is happening in a dream?
9. Think about what actions or thoughts this vision is pushing you?
10. Did the dream cause any forgotten memories, does it relate to the past?
11. Did you, thanks to a dream, have other questions not included in this questionnaire?
12. Do you think there was any sense in the dream, what message was sent to you and why?
How to get ready for bed
Going to the kingdom of Morpheus, you need to keep a clear mind, not clouded by alcohol, sleeping pills or too much fatigue. Lie on your back and try to relax completely. It's not so easy, we are under the yoke of constant muscle clamps, and some muscle groups can not relax even during sleep. Calm your breathing, let it be smooth and rhythmic. By the way, this is also an excellent recipe for insomnia. If you are close to an understanding and loving person, ask him to make you an easy relaxing massage. Under the pillow, you can put a bunch of herbs: thyme, rosemary, lavender.
Here is a very important advice on how to remember a dream: try to turn it into a conscious dream. To do this, you need to have a firm intention. Give yourself an installation that as soon as you feel that you are falling asleep, you will immediately try to find your hands with a look. If you master this technique, then your dreams will be more clear and memorable. This is the first step on the way to mastering the technique of lucid dreaming, and it will be enough for you. Further practices are more dangerous and require the mandatory presence of an experienced mentor.
Ancient magical rite
If you are not afraid of magical practices, here is a description of a simple ritual that will help achieve your goals. Necessary conditions for the commission of this action: the presence of any musical instrument and night certainly from Thursday to Friday. Before going to bed, you need to publish one musical sound on the instrument and say the following: "My dream is clear." What I see, I'll remember. "And then add: "Covert open, empty - muffle."After that, you can go to bed, lie down, remember the musical sound and whisper to repeat the magic spell.
Now you know how to learn to remember dreams. But only one knowledge will not help to master this science, we need obligatory practice. If you will follow every day the simple advice given in our article, then gradually everything will start to work out.