How to cure your back at home?
Alas, almost every person faces in his life with such an unpleasant problem as back pain, and after all, not everyone is in a hurry to show the doctor."Well, what's so special about it will be painful and will pass away," this is what most people think, especially when the pain is still tolerable. And not everyone wants to crowd in the endless queues to the doctor in the clinic because of "banal" pain in the back. What is left to do? To be treated at home. We are by no means advocating self-treatment, so we recommend that you still visit a doctor. But if you do not have time for this, you can try to ease the condition and at home. In this article, we will tell you what the main reasons lead to pain and how to cure the back of the house.
The main causes of back pain
If you want to know how to quickly cure your back, you need to first understand what leads to similar problems. According to statistics, almost 90% of people ever experience back pain. There are many reasons for this. Starting from a banal overexertion or finding a long time in the wrong posture before more serious diseases. Determine the nature of pain is only a doctor. We will tell you briefly about the main reasons. So, more than half of these cases are associated with excessive loads, even if you do not carry weight or exercise. However, if the pain lasts more than a week and is of a periodic nature, moreover, it does not weaken at rest, then you should see a doctor for a more detailed examination.
From the side of medicine, there are several diagnoses related to back pain. For example, a herniated intervertebral disc. This is a fairly common problem associated with degeneration of tissues and compression of the nerve roots due to "subsidence" of the spine. Also there is a compression fracture, when the bones become less dense and break down from the mass of their own body. Various inflammations( rheumatoid arthritis, Bechterew's disease or Reiter's syndrome) and infections also lead to pain in the spine.
General and effective rules for the treatment of back pain at home
Before we tell you how to cure the back of the house, you must learn the general rules that will help you achieve the desired:
- Start to lead an active lifestyle. Of course, at first it will seem impossible to you, since with back pain you do not even want to do extra body movements. However, only so you can get rid of trouble. Nobody makes you run or go to the gym. Start with hiking. Walk more often, visit the pool. And if you have a sedentary job, then at least do not be lazy every half hour to get up from the chair and warm up.
- Men this rule does not apply, but the fair sex will have to give up high heels.
- Even if the pain has receded, you need to regularly massage. Ask someone from home about this. Optionally, the procedure should be performed by a specialist, since you only need to relax your muscles.
When a person first encounters lumbar pain, he first of all runs to the drugstore for medicines. Of course, the pharmacist knows how to cure the back( lower back), and will advise you the appropriate drugs. We would like to briefly talk about what you can use as a first aid for severe pain. Both the doctor and the pharmacist will first prescribe pain medication. For example, "Ibuprofen" or "Nurofen" are non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs that have an analgesic effect. Ibuprofen, by the way, costs two or three times cheaper than Nurofen.
You can also take muscle relaxants. In addition to anesthetic action, they relieve muscle spasm. These include "Tizanidine", "Baclofen" or "Tolperizon".But you can not take these drugs without the doctor's supervision, as, indeed, everyone else.
Treatment of back pain compresses
First of all, the treatment of back pain at home with the use of traditional medicine reduces to the use of compresses, since they are able to relieve inflammation and relieve pain. Here are a few recipes that you can use at home:
- The most common are compresses from infusions of herbs, for example chamomile, St. John's wort or thyme. Take a small piece of dense tissue or towel, moisten it in a warm herbal solution, attach to the back and carefully wrap. Such a compress can be used during sleep.
- Even for wrapping fit burdock leaves. Blow them with boiling water and attach to the back. Wrap your back with a warm kerchief or rug and leave for an hour.
- How can I cure my back? Take a simple mustard, it is great for reheating. Take one tablespoon of mustard powder and dilute in warm water until the consistency of sour cream. Blind a small cake and attach to the diseased area. Take cover and lie down for a few minutes.
- The root of the horse-radish will also help warm up your back. Rub it on a grater and mix in small amounts with sour cream. Apply a thick layer on the sore spot and cover with a dense cloth. Hold the compress for about an hour.
- Well, the last effective recipe for compress using beets. Rub it on a grater and mix with kerosene( one tablespoon).Wrap the gruel in a cheesecloth and put it on your back for the night. In the morning you will notice considerable relief.
It's important to know! All warming compresses should not burn, therefore, as soon as you feel a burning sensation, immediately remove the compress and lubricate the skin with soothing means.
How to cure back with rubbing?
To reduce the pain in the loin will help and rubbing. Conduct these procedures with ease, you can and at home with the use of medicinal tinctures. The most common tincture for grinding is tandem cologne "Triple", a couple drops of a 3% iodine solution, red pepper and a couple of valerian flacons. All is thoroughly mixed in a dark glass vessel and infused for 24 hours. But at night, treat the loin with the remedy obtained and wrap your back with a warm shawl or rug.
Therapeutic baths for back pain
As you could already guess, the problem of low back pain should be approached in a complex way, one particular agent is unlikely to help you, so we offer you therapeutic baths. They will help improve the general condition and relieve tension. But there is one important point: taking medicinal baths during an exacerbation is not recommended, so you will only make it worse. The simplest recipe for a healing bath is with sea salt. This natural product will help improve blood circulation, relax the muscles, and improve mobility in the joints. Sea salt you can buy in almost any pharmacy. Still very useful baths with pine extract. It can also be purchased at the pharmacy and used according to the recipe on the package. By the way, an anesthetic effect with pain sensations in the back has a sage, namely, its infusion. Take 200 grams of herbs, pour steep boiling water( 5 liters) and let it brew for about 3-4 hours. Then add to the bath.
We will give you some rules how to cure your back with medical baths without harming yourself:
- Water should be comfortable( about 37-38 degrees).
- Take a bath should not more than 15 minutes.
- Do not immerse yourself in the bath with your whole body, leave the heart area outside.
- And be sure to rest at least 30 minutes after the bath.
Other folk recipes
We will give you some more simple folk recipes that helped our ancestors get rid of low back pain. Earlier, horse chestnut was very often used. It is ground into a powder and mixed in equal proportions with camphor oil and melted fat. The resulting mixture is applied to the problem site for several hours. From the horse chestnut, you can make a tincture, then moisten the gauze in it and attach it to a sore spot, and you will notice how the pain gradually recedes. And one more unusual recipe with the use of poisonous fly agaric. To make the tincture, take a small glass jar( preferably 0.5 liters), fill it with a third of the mushroom caps cut into small pieces. Pour all the vodka. True, insist the solution needs a fortnight, then drain everything and rub it in the back.
Exercises for back pain
Many people in the period of back problems are wondering: Is it possible to heal the back with gymnastics? But not the one you thought about. No sharp movements can not be made in any case, otherwise you will aggravate the situation. Those professionals who know how to cure back at home, recommend respiratory gymnastics:
- Lie on your back, relax and breathe calmly with your nose. Do not accelerate or hold your breath. Breathe air through your nose, focus on the problem area and try to pass air through it, as if exhaling through your back. This exercise is called "Breathing through the back," it will relax the muscles and relieve you of acute pain.
- If the pain is chronic, then this exercise will help you. Do it regularly and no more than twice a day. First, sit on a chair and lean back on the seat. Close your eyes and take a deep breath for 4 seconds, then hold your breath for 7 seconds. Smoothly exhale for 8 seconds. During exhalation, the transverse abdominal muscle tenses, which reduces pain. Repeat 3-4 times.
If you regularly perform these two simple exercises, you will notice that the back pain begins to recede.
When is it worth not to self-medicate?
There are times when a person simply pulled his back, for example, when lifting weights or playing sports. Then you can use home methods of treatment. But you must understand that if the cause is obvious and banal, then the pain must pass in the near future, that is, within a few days. If this process is delayed and has already passed more than a week, or even two, and you still have a backache, how to cure it, you already simply do not know, then run urgently to the doctor.
We told you how to cure your back( back) at home, and if you do not want pain to catch you again, you must follow preventive measures:
- About the active way of life has been said more than once, but we still repeat. That the back does not hurt, it should work. Move more!
- Keep your posture: the back should be straight.
- Sleep is recommended on a mattress with medium stiffness.
- If you are forced to wear weights, then distribute the weight to both hands.
- Do not make sudden movements when lifting loads.
In conclusion, it is worth saying that your health is in your hands, so you need to be competent in treating back pain. From the article you learned how to cure the back folk remedies at home, but if the pain has not stopped, then be sure to show the doctor.