Tab in the tooth: what is it, types, indications
Tab is an artificial restoration that eliminates the defect of the tooth formed during the carious formation. In other words, it is a seal, for the manufacture of which you do not need a mouth cavity, but a special laboratory.
This is a synthetic miniature prosthesis fixed at the site of the removed lesions to reproduce the original anatomical form. As a matter of fact - these are original seals, which are made according to a pre-made impression in laboratory conditions. This technology is referred to as non-removable prosthetics. As a result of prolonged manual work, a ready-made insert comes out, which will ideally be placed in a pre-prepared cavity.
Most often such elements are installed by dentists on the back teeth. These devices are sometimes used in the process of prosthetics as supporting structures for bridge prostheses.
Kinds of tabs in the teeth
First of all, the following types are distinguished:
- cult, it is installed on the place of the lost fragment, after which the crown is placed on it;
- restorative, used for full renewal of the shape and coloring of the teeth.
And also they can be divided on the materials used for manufacturing:
There is still a cast insert in the tooth, which can be of two different types. The difference between them is only in the materials used for manufacturing. It can be zirconia or simple pressed ceramics.
Than the tab is better than the seals?
Public dissatisfaction with modern materials for sealing is caused by many attempts to find new technologies for replacement of hard dental tissues. Multifunctional material could completely solve the problems exhibited, if it were as high as possible to meet the existing requirements.
But for today such a tool has not yet been developed, so modern dentistry offers a huge number of compounds for sealing, choosing the best for a particular client.
The main negative quality of all products is poor sealing. Such material, as a seal, is characterized by shrinkage during the polymerization process. As a result, it exfoliates, and microcracks are formed. If the replacement is very often, then there is a serious risk of deepening and expanding the carious cavity and, as a result, complete destruction. Therefore for today experts have thought up an insert in a tooth. What is this such a design is already known, and it has a number of advantages that make it the material of the future.
- Durability and reliability. To create very solid compositions are used, which in their characteristics are similar to enamel.
- No shrinkage occurs after the time has elapsed.
- Durability. Duration of service is much higher than that of a conventional seal. The average service life varies from 7 to 10 years, even when damaged by very large fractures of teeth.
- Comfort and convenience. At the time of fastening such a device, there is no need to constantly keep the mouth open so that saliva does not get into the treated area. The culture tab is fixed for several minutes.
- Accuracy. Caries never reappears due to the use of a high quality installation, as a result the design is very firmly attached to the dental tissues.
- Persistent colors. At the end of time, the element does not change its tone and does not darken. Completely retains its original quality until the end of its life.
In dentistry, a huge number of methods for the full or partial restoration of lost teeth are used. One of the quality options is a tab in the tooth. There are few that know such a wonderful method, therefore it is necessary to indicate that it belongs to the category of fixed prosthetics and is applied when a classical seal does not fit for restoration, but the time for removal has not yet come. The chosen method is characterized by high efficiency and affordability.
Prosthetics with these elements are used in cases where the tooth is destroyed more than half, and the installation involves the formation of a cultic tab directly under the root. It is modeled in such a way that in the future it is possible to apply a crown on top, which should lie firmly on the tooth as far as possible. Such an element is formed on an individual sketch, leaving the problems of a specific client.
Methods for making
To create such an exact copy of a patient's tooth, only laboratory conditions are used in which several methods are used.
1. Direct, the impression is made of the patient's damaged tooth, and then the prosthesis begins to be made on it. A special wax is used for this procedure. This option is most often chosen. The main disadvantage of the technology is that the patient's bite is not taken into account.
2. Indirect, for this case, a larger cast is made, which is done immediately on two jaws. This is necessary in order to take into account all the features of a particular patient. From a financial point of view, the customer will pay more. Since more effort and specialist time is spent, but such a tab in the tooth for a crown is worth the money and effort. It is important that in the manufacture of the master will fully consider all the features of the structure of the dentition and jaw of a particular patient. This means that after the prosthesis the client will not feel even the slightest discomfort. There is another undeniable advantage, it consists in the fact that all stages of fitting and fitting are performed without the immediate presence of a person, thereby saving time. After all, the doctor is in possession of a complete cast, which helps to solve such a problem. If the ceramic or metal insert in the tooth does not fit, then the change can also be made without the presence of the patient.
3. Computer modeling in 3D format. This option is applied relatively recently. It is the most accurate, because the program is responsible for the accuracy. With its help, a model is formed for the future tab, and after that experts are engaged in its manufacture.
Selection of material
It should be noted that installing the tab in the tooth is a very serious exercise, and its composition must also be taken with all responsibility. The patient should deal with this directly with his attending physician. Still it is necessary to choose the material from which the crown will be made, later nicely decorating the oral cavity.
1. The alloy of chromium and cobalt is perfect for prosthetics made of cermet or metal.
2. The insert from titanium becomes very qualitative. This alloy is considered ideal in terms of performance and biological compatibility. But he has a significant disadvantage, he is quite fragile.
3. For ceramics, precious metal compositions are ideal. Platinum or gold is most often used. They can also be coated with zirconia.
4. The plastic insert in the tooth is temporary and is set for the comfort of the patients as long as they expect the fabrication to be permanent.
5. Silver and palladium have good bactericidal characteristics. But there are also disadvantages, such compounds can stain the gum.
6. Chrome and cobalt, together with nickel, do not shrink and have high strength properties.
In order to qualitatively form a new tooth to a patient, it is necessary to correctly insert the tab into the tooth. What kind of method is this, it is clear from the material above, and every dentist will confirm: this option is considered very effective.
To prepare one or more items, the following items must be completed:
- to undergo an examination with a doctor who will determine the condition of the cavity, and after that appoint a treatment plan;
- make an impression;
- put the temporary crown.
The procedure is practically the same as usual prosthetics, but it also has at least small, but its own nuances.
1. Initially, a thorough examination of the entire oral cavity is performed by a specialist. Then he will give recommendations and advice on sanitation and how to make an insert in the teeth when prosthetics are made for a particular client.
2. A qualified dentist can carry out the necessary procedures to remove dental tissues if they were initially affected by carious formations. Since if this is not done, then the infection will go to healthy teeth in the future.
3. Then the doctor executes the mold completely where the material will be inserted, and then sends it to the laboratory for further processing and shaping.
4. For the production of tabs, only the formulation used previously by the doctor and the patient is used.
5. Then the client is invited to the clinic, and the already model is tried on it. This is done in order to be able to make sure that it exactly repeats the necessary dimensions and coloring of the remaining teeth.
6. If everything has come, the dentist will fix it using a specially developed adhesive.
7. At the final stage, the formed prosthesis is polished to remove all irregularities and to compare the differences between natural fabrics and an artificial article.
Pain under the
tab Today, with the help of innovative materials, it is possible to fabricate structures that will fit qualitatively and tightly to the gums. However, all people are individual, and some have increased sensitivity, and if this is so, then soreness appears, which can also be caused by a tab in the tooth. Qualitative prosthetics, performed with such a design, will be appreciated by many satisfied customers, but all people are different, and the materials used are not always ideal for them.
When an unpleasant sensation is observed after the installation of an artificial product, it is absolutely necessary to contact the dentist. If this is not done, then there is a possibility that the tooth will completely collapse and later simply fall out.
It happens that an inexperienced doctor or technician can break the rules of installing or producing a tab. Therefore, if the manufactured construction does not fit tightly, then caries can form under it. Although often patients forget that everything has a life span, and the tab is no exception. There is a possibility that it requires a simple replacement, since it has become unusable. To the dentist it is necessary to appear after the expiration of 10 years that he has made replacement of a design for another. It should be noted that the materials for manufacturing are absolutely harmless and do not pose any danger to the patient.
To date, many dentists recommend their customers to use a tab in the tooth instead of a seal. What is it is already clear, but the cost is still unclear. The formation of prices is affected by several factors, namely:
- the material from which it is made;
is the required form;
- the status of the medical institution in which the client is served.
The first items are decisive values for determining the final cost. The approximate price of the service in rubles is indicated below, using the same fairly inexpensive materials:
- 1 root - from 2500;
- 2 roots - from 3500;
- 3 roots - from 4500.
If the customer chooses better materials, then the cost, of course, will increase. For example, if you decide to use zirconium tabs, then for 1 product you will need to lay out at least 8000. In the clinic with a good name for such services will be requested to 25000. If the customer chooses ceramics, then you will need to pay not less than 20000.
ForThe fact that the installed structures have served as long as possible requires the following simple rules.
1. Regularly clean teeth, and rinse your mouth after every meal.
2. Refuse complex loads( food should be more gentle).
3. It is mandatory to visit the dentist several times a year to carry out preventive measures. Only he can accurately determine the state of the tooth under the tab. If you notice the destruction processes in time, you can save yourself from a lot of problems. In case of damage to the prosthesis, harmful bacteria will penetrate into the interior, deforming and destroying it. Therefore, examinations are necessarily required to pass, this will keep the oral cavity in order.
Indications and contraindications
There are conditions in which doctors recommend installing a dental tab:
- a strong caries that has affected more than 60% of tissues;
- increased cavity size;
- damage after injury;
- congenital pathologies( dysplasia, hyperplasia);
- existing clinical ailments;
- to protect against wear of a very sensitive surface and opposing units;
- for the installation of bridge prostheses;
- modeling together with root structures;
- crown closure;
- mechanical damage.
There are also cases where the installation of tabs is strictly prohibited:
- a small depth of the tooth cavity;
- increased activity of the appearance of carious processes;
- non-compliance with oral hygiene.
What should I do next?
After the patient has risen from the chair of the dentist, he must understand that now he needs to follow all the advice of the treating doctor. For example, use brushes with soft bristles, properly clean the interdental spaces and visit the doctor twice a year. At this time, check not only the health of the teeth, but also the state of the tabs.