"Gevkamen"( ointment): instructions for use, the cost of the drug, reviews
Pain in the muscles or joints is a symptom that accompanies many pathologies. All these diseases are united by one: a person experiences severe discomfort, sometimes hampering any movement. To facilitate this symptomatology, a large number of medications are prescribed. One of them is "Gevkamen"( ointment).Instruction for use allows you to understand, with what ailments this remedy will bring relief.
"Gevkamen"( ointment) instructions for use characterizes as an anti-inflammatory agent designed to eliminate pain in joints and muscles.
The medicine is created from plant components, such as:
- Camphor. The component perfectly stimulates the blood supply in the tissues.
- Carnation oil. The substance is particularly appreciated for its ability to warm and anesthetize the affected areas. In addition, it has an anti-inflammatory effect.
- Mint oil. Its action has a beneficial effect on the state of the vessels. The component has analgesic properties.
- Eucalyptus oil. The substance is an excellent tool used to treat frost-bitten areas, wounds, burns. In this medicine it plays the role of an excellent analgesic.
- Menthol. The component is known for its cooling effect. It provides anesthesia and moderate disinfection.
What can you say about the drug "Gevkamen" in general? The instruction indicates that the agent has the following effects:
- analgesic( weak effect);
- is a local irritant.
As a result of such actions on the body, the severity of inflammation decreases, redness and swelling of the damaged areas decreases, mobility in joints is restored.
Indications for prescribing
Often it is in complex therapy that "Gevkamen"( ointment) is used.
The instructions for use recommend the use of the remedy for such ailments as:
- inflammatory processes in a ligamentous apparatus of a traumatic nature;
- degenerative pathologies of the spine or joints;
- of neuralgia;
- of arthralgia;
- various injuries, which do not damage the skin;
- of myalgia;
Ointment is not applied to areas on which the integrity of the skin is impaired. It is important to avoid contact with eyes and mucous membranes. In the event of such an incident, immediately place a contact with a large amount of water. If a burning sensation or soreness appears, then a doctor is required.
Do not forget to study the limitations in detail before applying "Gevkamen"( ointment).
The instructions for use give the following contraindications:
- children's age( the product is not used for children under 12 years old);
- individual intolerance;
- dermatological ailments;
- broken skin integrity.
Side effects of
Unwanted reactions may occur during therapy.
The medication annotation says that the side effects are manifested in the form of an allergy:
- tingling at the site of application;
- burning sensation;
- feeling of cold.
People who have experienced this symptomatology are advised not to use the product.
In case of excessive "addiction" to the drug on the skin surface, a burn may occur. Damaged area should be covered with any medication, which contains the substance dexpanthenol.
Cost of medicine
How much does "Gevkamen"( ointment) cost for patients? The medication price on average is 31 rubles.
Owing to its effectiveness and low cost, the ointment has gained great popularity among consumers.
What do patients think about the "Gevkamen" ointment? The patients' testimonies indicate that the remedy is widely in demand. It is used in a variety of situations, when there is a need for an analgesic and "distracting" effect.
Analyzing the opinions of patients, it should be said that there are often positive reviews. Patients indicate a quick and good effect. People emphasize the low cost.
Patients who have taken this medication once claim that it is now a mandatory medication in the home medicine cabinet. After all, no one knows for sure when a painful pain syndrome can arise.