Why does my throat ache constantly? Causes, methods of treatment
It often happens that a person suffers from the same problem for a long time. And to cope with it simply does not work. For example, the throat hurts constantly. Reasons, as well as ways to get rid of the problem are described in this article.
The main reasons for
Initially, you need to understand why it can be so. If the throat always hurts, the reasons can be the following:
- The action of pathogens such as viruses and bacteria.
- The action of a stimulus inhabiting the environment. This can be cigarette smoke, the use of cold drinks, etc.
- Injury to the throat.
- Psychological factors. Often, diseases and problems with the body are far-fetched. For example, a child may have a sore throat if the baby does not want to go to a kindergarten or school.
But still the cause of the pain is mainly a variety of diseases, which cause such an unpleasant symptom.
Very often, persistent sore throat is caused by sore throat. This is an infectious disease, in which the pain in the throat is very strong, often in the ear and neck, inflamed palatine tonsils( the disease is also called acute tonsillitis).There can be plaque on the tonsils. However, it is observed only in the case of purulent sore throat. In case of viral illness, there is no plaque on the tonsils. However, the tonsils are in any case inflamed and have the shape of small rounded balls. In this case, you can get rid of the problem with the help of medicines. For rinses it is best to use antibacterial agents "Rivanol", "Furacilin".Tablets for resorption, which are designed to relieve the pain in the throat - "Falimint", "Strepsils."Also, sprays for the throat "Yoks", "Oracept".
In this case, the sore throat becomes red, its mucous membrane becomes inflamed. Painful sensations in this case are not too strong, but they are often accompanied by a perspiration. During the adoption of warm food or hot liquids, the symptoms may disappear altogether or be washed away as much as possible. However, after a while they come back again. Also, with acute pharyngitis, discolored mucus may collect on the back wall of the larynx, which provokes a cough. The treatment is local, that is, the actual use of tablets from pain in the throat, for example, "Strepsils", sprays "Ingalipt" or "Cameton".Be sure to rinse with antiseptic drugs, such as "Iodinol" or "Furacilin".
Very often chronic pain is caused by chronic diseases of the throat, that is, tonsillitis or pharyngitis in neglected form. Symptomatics is not as vividly manifested, but is present for a relatively long time.
If a person has a sore throat all the time, the reasons may be hiding in the allergic reaction of the body to a certain stimulus. With this problem, in addition to sore throat, there may also be a laryngeal edema, tearing occurs, and sometimes a runny nose. Allergen can be dust, pollen of plants, animal hair or food. In this case, the pain in the throat will pass if isolated from the action of the allergen. You can also take such antiallergic drugs as "L-Cet", "Cetrin".
Dryness of air
If a person has a sore throat in the morning, the cause may be dry air in the room. Lack of moisture easily irritates the mucous membranes, which provokes pain. Also it should be noted that dry air is an excellent place for the propagation of viruses and bacteria, which are easier to penetrate into the mouth of a person. So if you have a sore throat in the morning, you need to think about moistening the room. This can be done either with the help of special devices - humidifiers, or by regular wet cleaning and more frequent ventilation of the room.
If the throat always hurts, the cause may be lurking in the tumors. Most often they are localized in the larynx. They cause constant pain, which in time can grow. It becomes painful not only to eat, but even to speak. Can change the voice. In this case, it is best to detect the problem as early as possible. After all, in this case it will be much easier and faster to manage it.
A little bit about the children
If a child has a sore throat, there may be several reasons for this:
- Disease, which just emerged and develops.
- Consequences of the transferred disease.
- Psychological factor when the pain is far-fetched and is an excuse to not perform certain actions. In this case, unpleasant sensations can really arise, however they pass by themselves, after a certain time. The use of drugs in this case is often not required.
If we talk about children, then I would like to note that even with the slightest problems it is necessary to apply for a doctor's help. After all, it is best to detect the problem at an early stage, when it can be quickly coped with in a short time. Children are appointed "Grammidine", "Lizobakt", "Tandum Verde".
Causes of non-infectious nature
Not only the sore throat can cause uncomfortable sensations. So, pains arise without the presence of any kind of infection. In this case, the causes may be:
- Loads to the vocal cords. This is often observed in singers, teachers, as well as children who cry a lot.
- Continuous load on the oropharynx. This is observed in the case of frequent oral caresses, as well as a prolonged stay in the mouth of a large object.
- Injuries of the larynx. Most often the throat is injured by fish bones, bread crumbs, sharp metal objects( for example, forks).
- External trauma to the throat, which causes constant pain. This may be due to prolonged squeezing or impact.
- Burns the mucous membrane, which can be when consuming too hot liquid or during inhalation of steam.
- Pain sensations in the throat can persist for a long time in the postoperative period( for example, after removing tonsils or opening an abscess).
- Irritation of the mucous membrane of the throat due to taking certain medications.
- To cause sore throat, vitamin A, C and B vitamins may also be deficient.
It is important to note that if pain is non-infectious, it will not intensify when swallowing or during a conversation. In this case, to get rid of the problem lollipops suitable for resorption, for example, "Septotelet", or even simple mint candies.
Diseases that are not associated with throat diseases
It should also be noted that a variety of diseases can cause sore throats, which are not associated with this organ. So, for example, the throat can be irritated with gastro-food reflux. In this case, the contents of the stomach can be ejected into the esophagus, resulting in its irritation with gastric juice.
Also need to talk about the syndrome of Eagle, when the cause is the anatomical feature of the human throat. In this case, the patient has an excessively long ankylosing process. As a result, irritation of the nerve endings occurs, which causes constant pain.
Also, discomfort in this body can arise as a result of vegetovascular dystonia, osteochondrosis of the cervical spine, with neuralgia.