Tylenol: instructions for use, description, composition and reviews
Tylenol is an effective drug used for the treatment of colds, ARI and influenza.
The agent is a kind of analgesic and has an effect on pain centers. Due to the action of the active ingredient( paracetamol) it helps to bring the thermoregulatory system back to normal almost immediately after taking Tylenol. Instruction for use indicates that the constituent components do not have a harmful effect on the processes of water-salt metabolism in the body, do not irritate the gastrointestinal mucosa.
Form release and indications
The product is manufactured in the form of infusion and drinking solutions, rectal suppositories, suspension, and also in capsules. For children is produced in the form of chewable tablets, suspensions with fruit taste, as well as powder for self-production of the solution, as detailed in the instructions attached to the preparation "Tylenol".
Indication, the use of a medicine in which it is necessary, is as follows:
- febrile conditions due to infections;
- frequent headaches and toothaches;
- pain due to myalgia or migraine, as well as arisen due to arthralgia with algodismenore.
Indications for receiving funds for children are as follows:
- fever in colds and colds;
- severe and moderate pain after vaccination, tonsillitis, with teething.
Tylenol: route of administration and dose of
The medication should be taken 1-2 hours after meals.
Adults and children from 12 years of age weighing more than 40 kg a single dose of the drug is determined in an amount of 500 mg four times a day for 5-7 days.
In the presence of existing liver and kidney disease, Gilbert's syndrome, the doctor should adjust the dosage of the drug in the direction of decrease. For patients at the age of, in addition to reduced dosage, it is also necessary to increase the intervals between doses of the drug.
There is a clear gradation in the dosage of the child Tylenol, depending on the age and weight of the child:
- at an infant's age of up to 6 months and a body weight of up to 7 kg requires no more than 0.35 g of the drug per day;
- for children under one year and weighing less than 10 kg, the daily dose of the medicine should not be more than 500 mg;
- children 1-3 years with a weight of up to 15 kg should take up to 0.75 grams of medication per day;
- for a child of 3-6 years and weighing up to 22 kg, the daily norm is prescribed in the amount of up to 1000 mg;
- a child from 6 to 9 years and weighing up to 30 kg can give up to 1.5 grams of medication per day;
- a children's dose for the age of 9 to 12 years is recommended 2000 mg per day of the drug "Tylenol".
The instruction on the use of the suspension says that a child from 6 to 12 years old should be given 10-20 ml of the drug, and at the age of 1-6 years - 5-10 ml. A child from 3 months to a year needs 2.5-5 ml of a suspension, and dosage to children who have not reached the age of three months is prescribed by the pediatrician individually.
Suspension reception - no more than 4 times a day. Without medical supervision, at home, the medicine can take no more than 3 days to knock down the heat, and in anesthetizing purposes - no more than 5 days.
Rectal suppositories are prescribed only to adults in the amount of 0.5 g 4 times a day. Children of 12-15 years are assigned 0.25-0.3 g of Tylenol, the instruction for use recommends not to exceed four meals per day. Just as with the administration of the suspension, the dosage and number of doses per day decrease depending on the age of the child.
Contraindications to the ingestion of
According to the instructions, Tylenol is contraindicated in case of individual intolerance to the active components of the drug, and also to children up to a month.
When appointing Tylenol, one should pay special attention to patients who have the following diseases:
- renal and hepatic insufficiency;
- is a hepatitis of viral origin;
- benign hyperbilirubinemia;
- of blood disease;
- chronic alcoholism;
- diabetes mellitus;
- pregnancy and lactation;
- old age.
In addition, the instruction noted that its action can significantly reduce the effect of taking funds that favor the excretion of uric acid.
A negative role in reducing the effect of Tylenol is given by the instruction on the long-term intake of barbiturates, as well as ethanol contained in hot drinks. The intake of alcohol during treatment with Tylenol is inadmissible, since it can cause acute pancreatitis.
Side effects of
Despite its high efficacy and the availability of a child drug option, Tylenol has a number of side effects with unpleasant symptoms:
- angioedema edema;
- dizziness and nausea;
- of erythema;
- epigastric and cardiac pain;
- shortness of breath, anemia;
In rare cases, allergic reactions may occur, manifested in the form of skin rash, hives, severe itching, especially in children after taking Tylenol( child).Instructions for use clearly prescribe the dosage of the medicine, which must be observed.
Overdose of the drug
Taking too much of a dose of Tylenol can cause the occurrence of renal colic, interstitial nephritis, papillary necrosis.
Overdose usually occurs after taking 150 mg per 1 kg of body weight taken for a short period of time. Symptomatology of this condition is as follows:
- In the first 24 hours - pallor and nausea, vomiting, strong, often cutting pain in the abdominal area.
- 12-48 hours later, there is damage to the liver and kidneys with the possible occurrence of liver failure( there may be encephalopathy, coma, a possible fatal outcome).
Damage to the liver is almost inevitable after adults take 10 g of the drug for a short period.
In case of overdose symptoms:
- immediately rinse the stomach;
- induce vomiting;
- drink "Acetylcysteine" or "Methionine";
- take symptomatic medications in accordance with the signs of malaise that have appeared.
Interaction with drugs
The drug is able to increase the effectiveness of other anticoagulants of indirect action( in particular, coumarin and its derivatives).Also, taking Tylenol increases the likelihood of liver damage with hepatotoxic drugs.
The rate of absorption of the drug increases when it is simultaneously taken with "Metoclopramide" and decreases in combination with "Kolestyramin."Simultaneous reception with barbiturates reduces the antipyretic efficacy of Tylenol.
Admission of the drug to adults is limited to 10 days as an analgesic and 3 days as an antipyretic. The drug should not be taken with other drugs containing paracetamol, used as an active substance and in the preparation Tylenol.
Instruction, application, testimonials indicate that taking a child's version of the drug should be limited to 5 days as an analgesic, provided that the therapeutic doses appropriate for the child's age are met. How antipyretic for children "Tylenol" can be given to children no more than 3 days.
The cost and feedback of patients
In their reviews, patients talk about the high efficacy of the drug. It is indicated, in particular, that the drug is capable of removing or significantly reducing any inflammatory processes. Before use, the instruction for use should be carefully studied for Tylenol.
The price of the drug may vary considerably depending on the form of the drug."Tylenol" today can be purchased only in foreign online pharmacies, and its cost ranges from 1.2 to 15.3 dollars( approximately 79-1000 rubles).
In the retail network of Russian pharmacies, the medicine is not sold.