Setting cans: algorithm, procedure value
Medical banks are one of the most popular ways of improving the general condition of the body in various diseases. In addition, they significantly increase the effectiveness of the prescribed treatment regimen.
What is used for?
It is believed that the banks strengthen the immune system, normalize the circulatory process, activate metabolic reactions, help to get rid of various inflammations as soon as possible.
The algorithm of setting cans does not cause difficulty even for inexperienced people, and yet the benefits of this therapy are enormous:
- helps with diseases of the lower organs of the respiratory system, incl.with stasis in the lungs;
- relieves inflammation in the muscle tissue;
- relieves from systematic attacks of headache;
- is effective in intercostal neuralgia;
- facilitates the condition in diseases of the musculoskeletal system;
- normalizes blood pressure( if the deviations are small).
As in the case of other physiotherapeutic methods of treatment, the benefits and harm of cans on the back are due to the correctness of their use.
Ignoring contraindications can lead to negative consequences. In addition, it is important to properly observe the algorithm for setting jars. In the opposite case, the procedure will be ineffective.
Who can be harmed?
The use of cans is prohibited under the following conditions:
- by a dry cough - they are put only after sputum discharge has started;
- elevated body temperature;
- problems of a dermatological nature;
- presence of neoplasms localized in the chest;
- diseases of the cardiovascular system;
- psychoemotional abnormalities;
- venous thrombosis;
- infectious diseases;
- before reaching the age of 3 years and after 60 years.
Before carrying out the procedure it is important to consult a doctor to avoid harming the body.
Algorithm for setting jars
Before proceeding to the process, it is important to make sure the integrity of the jars: they should be without chips and cracks. Particular attention should be paid to the skin. The necessary areas of the body should be clean, dry, free from rashes, wounds and inflammation.
The technique of setting up medical jars involves the following:
- Preparation. For the procedure you will need: any capacity filled with water, a towel, a metal spoke, ethyl alcohol, petrolatum, matches and cotton wool.
- Definition of can zones. They should not be placed in the area of the shoulder blades, spine and kidneys.
- Preparation of the patient. The person is placed on a flat surface with the abdomen down. The head should be turned to the side, and the hair is removed. It is important that the situation is convenient.
- Massaging movements should be distributed on the back of the patient a small amount of petroleum jelly.
- To build a wick with knitting needles and cotton wool, then moisten it with alcohol and set it on fire. Take the jar in the hand and put it inside for a second. After that, quickly install it on the back of the patient. It is forbidden to increase the duration - this can trigger the appearance of a burn. The same manipulations should be done with all the banks, after which the wick must be put out in the water. The optimal distance between them is 5 cm.
- Cover your back with a towel. The procedure lasts an average of 20 minutes.
- Once the time has elapsed, you need to grasp the jar with one hand and press the skin against the base of the jar. Air, getting inside, provides an easy grip.
- Remove residual vaseline from the back of the patient.
- At the end of the procedure, you need to rest for half an hour.
Thus, the algorithm for setting cans is not difficult, but it is important to observe security measures.
This method of physiotherapeutic treatment brings good results, but it is important to take into account existing contraindications, as well as correctly perform the technique and be careful.