The drug "Aprotex": instructions for use, description, reviews
Hemostatic or so-called haemostatic agents are particularly often used in surgical practice. Thanks to such drugs, the doctor can stop the bleeding in time and thereby save the life of his patient.
Today among gemostaticheskih means such a drug as "Aprotex" is especially popular. Instructions for use, analogs, as well as side effects and contraindications for this drug will be presented below.
Description, composition, packaging and form of release
The drug Aprotex, the instruction of which is contained in a cardboard package, goes on sale as a white powder-lyophilizate, which is intended for preparation of an intravenous solution.
Active ingredient of this drug is aprotinin. As for the additional ingredients, lactose and sodium hydroxide are used as such.
You can buy the agent in 50 ml or 10 ml vials. One pack of cardboard usually contains 5, 1 or 10 bottles.
Pharmacological properties of
What is Aprotex? The instructions for use suggest that this is not only a hemostatic, but also an antifibrinolytic and anti-proteolytic agent.
This drug is capable of inactivating plasma proteinases of tissues and blood cells that play a very important role during pathophysiological processes.
The effectiveness of this agent is due to its ability to block the activation of plasminogen and inactivate the proteolytic effect of plasmin.
The antiprotease action of Aprothex has a positive effect on various pancreatic lesions. Also, this drug slows down fibrinolysis, reduces fibrinolytic activity of the blood and has a haemostatic effect in coagulopathies.
The ability of a drug to block a kallikrein-kinin system is particularly often used in angioedema, as well as in the therapy and prevention of shock conditions.
Kinetic features of
What are the kinetic characteristics of the Aprotex preparation? Instruction for use informs that after its intravenous administration it is quickly distributed in the extracellular space, and also briefly accumulates in the liver.
Inactivation of the drug occurs in the gastrointestinal tract. In this case, the drug is partially destroyed in the kidneys and liver. This process is carried out under the action of renal lysosomal enzymes.
The elimination of the active substance of the drug occurs within six hours.
Indications for the use of powder-lyophilizate
In what cases do you use the drug "Aprotex"?The instructions for use inform you that this drug is especially effective in:
- acute pancreatitis, prophylaxis of postoperative pancreatitis, exacerbation of chronic pancreatitis;
- complications of thrombolytic therapy;
- hyperfibrinolytic bleeding of post-traumatic or post-operative origin( including surgical intervention on the lung and prostate gland);
- bleeding before, during and after labor( including embolism with amniotic fluid);
- operations on the open heart, when there is a need for the use of apparatus of artificial circulation;
- postoperative steam;
- treatment and prevention of various forms of shock( eg, endotoxic, hemolytic, traumatic).
Contraindications to the use of
When should you not prescribe the lyophilizate "Aprotex"?Instructions for use say that there are not very many contraindications to this drug. It should not be used with:
- individual hypersensitivity to aprotinin;
- pregnancy( in the first and third trimesters);
With caution, this medication should be used in cardiopulmonary bypass surgery, deep hypothermia, the presence of allergic reactions( in anamnesis), the patient's presence on the artificial circulation.
It should also be noted that during pregnancy this drug is used only in the second trimester( according to vital indications).
If it is necessary to prescribe a medication during lactation, breastfeeding should be discontinued at the time of taking it.
Aprotex powder: instructions for use
Before using the preparation, the contents of the bottle should be dissolved in 2 ml or 20 ml of isotonic sodium chloride solution( depending on the dosage).
So how should you use Aprotex? The instruction, the description of the medicament report the following schemes:
- In the preventive maintenance of postoperative pancreatitis, the daily dosage of this drug is 200 thousand AtrE( jet, intravenously).
- In acute pancreatitis, the medication is first prescribed in the amount of 200-300 thousand ATre( slowly, intravenously), and then drip intravenously - in the same dosage. Pour the drug should be before the normalization of laboratory indicators and clinics of the disease.
- With bleeding of various origins, the initial dosage of the drug is 300,000 ATPE, and the subsequent dosage is 140,000 ATRE.The medication is injected intravenously intravenously every 4 hours until the hemostasis normalizes.
- For the prevention of embolism( fat), the initial dose of the drug is 200 thousand ATPE, and then every day in the same amount slowly intravenously. Children with violations of hemostasis drug is prescribed in the amount of 15 thousand ATPE per 1 kg of body weight.
- The initial dose of the drug for shock states is 200-300 thousand ATre. After that, every 4 hours using maintenance doses( intravenously, struino) for 140 thousand ATPE.
- With topical application of the drug, when there is slight but prolonged bleeding, the usual napkin is impregnated with a solution of Aprotex in the amount of 75 thousand ATPE, and then applied to the lesion focus.
How should I make an infusion with Aprotex? Instructions for use( in ampoules the medication can be stored for two years) reports that the drug should be administered in the patient's reclining position, slowly intravenously striated or drip.
Following the administration of medication, the following adverse events may be noted in the patient:
- psychotic reactions, confusion or hallucinations;
- urticaria, conjunctivitis, pruritus, anaphylactic reactions or rhinitis;
- tachycardia, decreased blood pressure;
- nausea( eg, with rapid administration) or vomiting;
- myalgia, bronchospasm;
- thrombophlebitis at the injection site( especially with prolonged administration of the drug).
Cost and analogues of "Aprotex"
You can replace the medicine in question by such means as "Vero-narcup", "Gordoks", "Aeros", "Contrikal", "Ingitril", "Trasilol 500000", "Ingiprol", "Traskolan"and other.
You can buy this medicine at a price of 450-570 rubles for one packing No. 10.
Many patients with chronic pancreatitis report that this medication is very effective. This tool quickly helps to stop the exacerbation and normalize the general condition of the patient.
Comparing this solution with Gordex, experts point out that Aprotex is more effective. They also report that this remedy is not intended for self-administration. Its introduction requires special skills, otherwise the patient may experience numerous undesirable effects.